Recent content by chuckdiy

1. chuckdiy

how to refill and hot water system

Thanks. One follow-up. Do I have to emty the expansion tank during (or before) this refill process?
  2. chuckdiy

how to refill and hot water system

I have a pumped hot water monoflow system with 8 convector radiators. I'll be draining the system so that I can move some of the existing pipes around. Draining the system seems pretty straight-forward to me (but if anyone has any tips, I would certainly appreciate them). However, I don't...
  3. chuckdiy

Tv splitters

Yes, definitely use RG6, Make sure you scrap all of the 450 MHz stuff (splitter and amplifiers). You want to get all 1 GHz amps and splitters (even 1.5 or 2 GHz if it's availible). But first, you should see if you even need an amplifier. Turn if off and see what the picture looks like...
  4. chuckdiy

Replacement of a hot water iron pipe monoflow to pex or smaller copper

Thanks for your help, fellas. Much appreciated. Two more questions regarding the two pipe solution. Is there any downside to doing 1 1/2" Pex to a couple 4 output manifolds. Then having 1/2" Pex from each manifold output go to each convectors....and obviously reverse for the return water...
  5. chuckdiy

OK so I was thinking that maybe just dropping the monoflow system and going to a Two Pipe system would be much easier. The question would be is could I do this system with convector radiators and a 1" PEX pipe?
  6. chuckdiy

Thanks for the comments. I've just rechecked and I have 1 1/2" cast iron. Not sure if that makes the pressure situation better. Another thought is, could I swap out to a smaller pump to make the system pressure lower?
  7. chuckdiy

I have a 1 1/2" cast iron monoflow heating system with 8 convector radiators running off of the loop. I am looking to refinish my basement and would like to get some extra headroom. My house is 24'x44'. I'm inquring about the possibility of switching out the cast iron with pex or copper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks