Recent content by chroipahtz

1. chroipahtz

New gas water heater, seems to be working, but cold coming out of hot faucets

Thanks, this is basically exactly what he told me (to use a ball valve and to find the cross-over). All of them have two handles, and the only shutoff valve I've seen for any of them is on the kitchen sink.
  2. chroipahtz

After consulting with another friend who is a bit more experienced, we think we have the problem(s) figured out. They are two-fold: The gate valve on the cold water inline has broken off, and sealed off 98% of that pipe. This happened when we initially shut it off to stop the leak (we know...
  3. chroipahtz

I thought I recalled that the previous heater was hooked up the same way. Is it possible that the old heater had its inlet and outlet switched? Again, that old heater "worked", as in, provided hot water to all the sinks/bathtubs. I think the kitchen sink has separate valves underneath, so I...
  4. chroipahtz

Sorry about the quality, these are taken with an iPod Touch. Let me know if you need more detailed/closer pics.
  5. chroipahtz

Hello all. I am not much of a DIYer, but I am learning due to this problem that's left me without hot water for several days now. My previous gas water heater sprung a leak and started leaking into the carpet, so I had it replaced. It was still providing hot water, just it was leaking and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks