Recent content by chimansaurus

1. chimansaurus

14 YO Rheem hot water heater ONLY drips water when heating

Update: I removed the collapsed flue from inside the HWH. Everything is working fine now. No more drips for 3+ weeks now, heating water like a champion now. I have the new tank-less HWH sitting next to it just in case. I installed an additional Carbon Monoxide and Fire detector next to the HWH...
  2. chimansaurus

Thanks again for your comments. I want to install the Bosch tank-less HWH myself.
  3. chimansaurus

I read about the tank-less HWH. Some people love them, some people hate them. Are they really a PITA?
  4. chimansaurus

Thank you very much for reading the post and adding your comments. It is OK to make fun of me a little bit. :) I used my tiny phone camera and turned the flame off while it was dripping and sizzling to take lots of photos. I wrapped my arm with a wet towel and did not get burnt while taking...
  5. chimansaurus

I am not sure if fullysprinklered is trying to make fun of me. English is not my first language. I did not understand his "veracity pealing" and "Chihuahua" comments. I have several senior family members who have 20+ year old hot water heaters. Some of the comments make me feel that it has...
  6. chimansaurus

Problem fixed. Not a pinhole or leaking/expanding seam or debris issue. It was an exhaust issue through the flue. The fin inside the flue came loose, blocking the exhaust and condensing. I had to take lots of photos from inside and outside to figure it out. Tiny camera phones with flash are...
  7. chimansaurus

Thanks for the comments. It is a 40G Rheem. I turned the WH off. I tried feeling the bottom of the tank and the flue. It seemed pretty solid with no rust. The condensation drips added to the original problem when I turned the WH back on because I flushed the WH and filled it with cold water. I...
  8. chimansaurus

There is a small puddle underneath but a large towel handles it fine. Lately it drips every second or faster when heating. It creates a lot of steam. The system automatically shut itself off 2 times so far this summer. I live in rural Illinois and the underground hard water I get, even in...
  9. chimansaurus

My 14 year old Rheem hot water heater ONLY drips water from the bottom when the fire is burning. It drips water directly on top of the burner plate which caused the unit to shut off twice over the years. The water stops dripping a minute or so after the fire goes off and does not drip anymore...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks