Recent content by chezmoose

1. C

Frozen Well

Yes, that was their logic last winter when it froze, but now it happened again this winter. Where the well is located in our front yard gets zero traffic in the wintertime. There was a foot of snow on the ground when it froze. We're going to do our best to insulate it (and water proof it?)...
  2. C

Frozen Well

It appears to be freezing right at the pitless. There was some ice in the line where it connects to the pitless, but I think they were able to blow that through when they thawed out the vertical pipes.
  3. C

Frozen Well

Well, one would think that regardless of the air temp, that 5' underground would not be frozen, especially when there's a foot of snow on the ground. I believe our frost line is 40-42"? The surface of the ground did not seem to be frozen as we had to move birdfeeders, etc. to clear a path for...
  4. C

Frozen Well

Our home (in Northern Michigan) was built in 2002. We had no trouble with the well until last January when it stopped working. The well driller pulled the well (265 ft) and determined that the impeller stack at the bottom had failed. They replaced the 'stack' and everything worked fine for about...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks