Recent content by cheetah chrome

1. cheetah chrome

Enough mortar banking?

Excellent. I got a bulk of my information on the job from your threads so thanks. The bottom of the tub is solid! The fluffy piles of mortar between each of the foam feet worked perfect. This, and moving/blind setting the new drain in a slab, were the steps of the remodel that I had the most...
  2. cheetah chrome

Enough mortar banking?

Hi, First off not a pro, read this forum extensively regarding the job at hand and it has gone perfect...so thanks to all. Ok, I set an acrylic jacuzzi tub yesterday in a mortar bed and then banked the perimeter w the exception of a small section so I could inspect the drain for leaks. Ran a...
  3. cheetah chrome

Kohler K-300 hot and cold valves different?

Thanks all, in this case the factory 'cold' labelled valve turns CCW to open (flat deck install). Regardless, I swapped the supplies so the hot would be on the left (connected to labebeled 'cold' on the valve body...CCW to open). I've since ran the tub to check for leaks flush out any flux and...
  4. cheetah chrome

Ok, then I shouldn't have any issues if I just switch the supplies. Still seems odd to me that Kohler would label the stem that turns counter clockwise towards the tub as cold...as that stem would be the one on the left hand side. Thanks!
  5. cheetah chrome

Hello, I'm in the process of a bathroom reno. I'm reusing the Kohler deck mounted tub faucet that was on our old jacuzzi tub on our new soaker. From the perspective of sitting in the tub the hot and cold was reversed on the original tub since we bought the house. Now that I've remounted the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks