Recent content by Chatterk

1. C

Sand Separators

I don't think we have sand. The sand separator was just suggested to pull some of our bigger sediments down (and out). However, I am beginning to realize all the larger chunks were a result of chlorination. I am now wondering if we shouldn't just install a second filter before the...
  2. C

Stinky water, high iron, need softener and overwhelmed

Biermech & Gary, thanks for the specific info on the size of softener and resin. I'm still a little confused on the resin. One guy I spoke with today told me to go with the WS1 Clack because it has only 3 moving parts and it is piston driven. He also suggested going with the basic resin. So...
  3. C

Sand Separators

I thought I'd start a new thread since I have a new question. I'm still on the hunt for a water softener but in talking to one company today about our water and how quickly the filter gets dirty he suggested a sand separator (filter). He suggested one with a ball valve and when water hits the...
  4. C

Andy, thank you for all the links. I will look those over. After talking with my husband I now have a better understanding as to why our water was so red and full of sediments last time we were out there. We had chlorinated the well and he had bypassed the carbon filter (to avoid it...
  5. C

So it sounds like we would only need 24,000 grain water softener correct? I thought our water was on the high end of iron (at least that is what the Culligan guy suggested). So what is the difference in a 24k, 32k, 48k water softener? Biermech, I know you rave about "no computers" which I...
  6. C

I know you guys are suggesting the chlorinator but would a Manganese Greensand Filter. Our sulfur bacteria count is on the low end right? Just exploring all options. Biermech, when you say 1 cf could you explain a little more. Thanks, C
  7. C

With the information I have given can anyone predict what size softener we would need. I'm leaning towards the fleck or clack. Thanks,
  8. C

I know when he was at our house he said our water was really hard and that it was 18 grains of hardness. Apparently these numbers aren't matching up huh? I really wish we wouldn't of had to pay $50 for this. Bummer. Any other thoughts from anyone? How much are the store kits? Does it...
  9. C

It's a 1200 sq ft home with 2 people living there, 1 kitchen sink faucet, and one bathroom with a tub/shower combo and sink in there. Plus a laundry room. That is it. Thanks, C
  10. C

Okay, we paid the $50 for the following results: IRON .83 mg/l LOD: .06 LOQ: .21 Dil: 1 Method: 200.7 IRON BACTERIA <1 cfu/ml LOD, LOQ, Dil: all 1 Method: IB SULFUR BACTERIA 10000 cfu/ml LOD, LOQ, Dil: all 1 Method: SRB This is all we received on the sheet...
  11. C

My mistake. I just confirmed it's after the tank. I've been in our basement a handful of times and I just thought it was before. My husband just explained this morning it is actually after the tank.
  12. C

Biermech, is a chlorinator something we can add in the future? How much space do they require? It would be the first stop the water makes, followed by the filter, than the water tank, lastly the softener? Thank you for your response. That may work well for us.
  13. C

One last thing, we have a sediment filter (before the water tank) and it doesn't take long after changing it and it's covered in junk. I have no idea how old the well is but from the looks of everything it could be mess down there. When we lived there I could believe the amount of gunk that...
  14. C

Thanks Cacher_chick. He was going to rent us a unit for $45 a month, plus $89 install. And potentially another $45 a month for a pellet unit and something else to take out sulfur. For $90/month plue $89.00 we could get a pretty nice unit. And at this point I'm put off by the Culligan man b/c...
  15. C

Thanks Gary. I do know the iron we have is red iron. I am saying that because when you fill a glass of water it has a red tint to it and several sediments floating around. Or if you run bath water and let it drain, there is red sediment in the tub. We called Culligan about the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks