Recent content by chasmosis1

1. chasmosis1

Problem with Fleck 7000sxt

Just like Reach4, I was unaware that it was actually a carbon filter until I broke one open the other day. I still need a filter prior to the house as the carbon filter is still getting dirt in it and is preventing that dirt from entering the house/appliances. What would you all suggest in its...
  2. chasmosis1

Bannerman the FXHTC is to catch anything else, which it does well. I would say it is more like dust that it catches. Ater having the front load washer flood the wash room three times and having problems with the tankless water heater shutting down in the middle of multiple showers you do what it...
  3. chasmosis1

Gotcha. I'll pick one up and put it in line between the pressure tank and the backwash filter. I'll leave the FXHTC whole house in line just prior to the house. Dittohead, nice Jeep videos. I build them as a hobby..... Thanks guys.
  4. chasmosis1

So you're suggesting: Well....Pressure tank....T2C filter.....Whole house filter......backwash filter......Softener....house? Or should the whole house filter be the final device before the house? I honestly don't remember what media is in the filter. I can tell you it is white. Is the T2C...
  5. chasmosis1

thanks for the replies guys. First I will say that I found the problem. After thinking about it for a few days I decided to remove the timer/motor assembly and look at the piston. The first time I had trouble figuring out how to remove this assembly without breaking it so I removed the motor...
  6. chasmosis1

Thanks for the reply. It's 2-3 years old. I remove the drain line from the head and there is no water running through it when it is not backwashing.
  7. chasmosis1

I am on a 110' private well, plenty of water, but lots of silt. The well can't go any deeper for fear of collapsing the walls. I am going from the well to the pressure tank, than to the Fleck 7000sxt single tank being used as a backwash filter, than to a Fleck 9100sxt dual tank used as the...
  8. chasmosis1

New guy with some questions about removing silt on a well system.

It's been a while since I have posted, however, I did decide to take the advise given here and I installed the equipment in an insulated closet in my shop that I built specifically for it. I ran an additional 70' of pipe out to the shop, installed a bypass, and ran it 70' back to the house...
  9. chasmosis1

Question about an automatic flush valve for sediment filters like Rusco

Thanks for the reply dittohead. That Lakos unit looks like an interesting design. I already have the Rusco unit, so I will just use it. I would like to automate it as it will be in a closet that I am building in my shop where I have the water coming into before going into the house. Everything...
  10. chasmosis1

Question about an automatic flush valve for sediment filters like Rusco

I'm aware that Rusco makes one, but it is $350 on the low end. According to their website it has an adjustable cycle time from 5min. To 24hrs. with a 3sec. Flush time. This got me thinking why not just run a good high quality brass electric solenoid valve such as this...
  11. chasmosis1

Gary, I honestly don't know what I'll do with the well house once I move the equipment. You do have a good idea though.
  12. chasmosis1

Sorry about that I typed all of this up but must not have hit post. To receive a well permit the State of New Mexico require all new wells to have meters on them. The owner is allowed so many acres of water depending on property size. I was lucky enough to be grandfathered in to a farm/ranch...
  13. chasmosis1

To clear up any confusion this is going into a former well house. The new well is pitless and about 20' from the well house. The well house is a basically a 8' tall 6' X 6" block building that is built underground with a pitched roof on it that has a removable part to allow entry. The well house...
  14. chasmosis1

Thanks for the help Akpsdvan. I will be replumbing anyway as it was originally in the mud room and the wife wanted it gone from there. I will now be putting it down in the 6X6 underground well house as well as the 7000sxt sediment backwash filter, the Rusco trapper, the pressure tank, and a...
  15. chasmosis1

Thank you Akpsdvan, the 9100 is new and they are asking for the tank size, which the tag on the side of them say 10X54. If I am correct that would be 48K. Tom Sawyer, I cleaned everything out to get a fresh start. The 8500 control valve is actually sitting in my shop still apart. I bought a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks