Recent content by Charp

1. Charp

Camper, replacing Qest with Pex

I have most of it done except a couple things. Every fixture got an angle stop so when something goes wrong at least the whole system doesnt have to be shut off. I'm trying to find a close quarters 90 swivel fitting for the supply line to the outside shower valve. I'm not having much luck and I...
  2. Charp

Moving LPG Water Heater and Clothes Dryer

LoL! Still kickin' I guess I wasn't clear enough on the plan. Yes the gas will be turned off for the work but it can't be off for too long, less than a day, since we're living here. Yes I have been putting this off until I have a clear, executable plan so that we can cook, take showers, not be...
  3. Charp

Moving LPG Water Heater and Clothes Dryer

The water heater is in a back corner of the daylight basement, vented under an operable window and didn't have a propane drain for the basement - I took care of the last one. The water heater is getting moved upstairs into it's own closet with outside access. The dryer will be next to the water...
  4. Charp

Venting Saniflo pump up system

Thanks for replies. 2" ABS through the roof!
  5. Charp

Venting Saniflo pump up system

I will soon be installing a SanifloAccess 3 system in my daylight basement. A few years ago when remodeling the room above I had a rare moment of foresight and installed a 1 1/2" or 2" (I need to measure it) vent pipe in the wall and through the roof. My question is about venting the drain pipe...
  6. Charp

1977 house HVAC

Thanks for the reply. I sent my son a link to this thread. We did mastic the leaks in the plenum on the air handler as well as some of the ducts we could get to. There's only about R19 blown into the attic. I encouraged him to double that, without blocking the eave vents, and get more...
  7. Charp

1977 house HVAC

Hello, Visiting my son in southern Wisconsin and we were checking out the duct work in the basement. Nothing is insulated and there's lots of leaks. Upstairs is not getting good flow and is uncomfortably warm. It appears that some of the supply for the second story is running up the exterior...
  8. Charp

House wrap

Thank you for your very thorough reply!
  9. Charp

House wrap

T1-11 5/8" faux reverse board and batten. Asphalt coated both sides was-wood. Thin old R11. Forti-flashed new vinyl windows. 2' overhang, 4/12.
  10. Charp

House wrap

The house was built in 1977. I am going to install fiber cement siding over the existing plywood siding that has homasote under it. I'm debating on whether or not to install house wrap or #15 felt paper or nothing at all. I work on new homes and have never dealt with this before. I have a motto...
  11. Charp

Old Berkeley Pump

I couldn't help myself, so now it's in pieces. Can't find anything clogged. Ran string trimmer line through the slots in the "wheel", impeller? Also through the holes behind the spring loaded rubber piece. Can the motor be weak? Any "value added" or "deal special" pump recommendations for...
  12. Charp

Old Berkeley Pump

Besides, what wrong with old? I'm getting kinda old!
  13. Charp

Old Berkeley Pump

If it works again why replace it?! If the cabin got used on weekends for 5 months that's roughly 40 days of use per year. It doesn't get used that much. If I get the spring cleaned up and working properly, pump use would be even less. Problem with the spring is that it's shared, with an ornery...
  14. Charp

Old Berkeley Pump

Thanks for the info. So it is the small plug next to the intake/suction? I have wondered why the housing has been brazed. What maintenance does this pump need?
  15. Charp

Old Berkeley Pump

This old pump has been supplying river water for my mom's summer cabin since the 1960's. Other than occasional loss of prime, foot valve problems, it was fairly problem free - until last summer. The pump sits under the front edge of the deck about 10' above the river. There's about 50' of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks