Recent content by charles-2011

1. C

fun question for pros: church kitchen hot water options

Thank you this has been my thought process. The proposed location for a chiller/heat exchanger is on the far side of the property so it would be a pain to reclaim heat for the hot water in the kitchen because of the distance. I wholeheartedly agree with the comments that if we went tankless...
  2. C

Good point and my HVAC people are working on a proposal to replace our aged system. However, funding for such is a least a year off and I need to get the kitchen done as a standalone project with its own hot water supply now. The comments above about tank units are probably the most proven...
  3. C

Thanks for the comments to date. What I find interesting is that the Ferguson people have been told they can't do sizing calculations. I appreciate the reference above. Regarding the indirect heat-exchanger idea, I'd love to do that but the old HVAC system is dreadfully inefficient and will...
  4. C

I'm responsible for a church facility with a modestly-sized preschool and a small kitchen (licensed commercial). I have funding to junk the ancient boiler supplying the facility (hooray). But I have to support peak use of the dishwasher which needs 50 gal per hour of 140 degree water (it has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks