Recent content by cgs878

1. C

Gas-fired HWH - new install

OK, Dana... thanks for the analysis. I hate being a "bad consumer" and going with whatever quote I'm given without doing research (which I have done) and getting opinions. Should I insist on stainless steel venting instead of PVC? Would it be more efficient or sturdier to have stainless...
  2. C

Gas-fired HWH - new install

Hello all... My home had a fire last year, and everything was gutted & rebuilt. Now, I'm in the process of converting from oil to gas. I need a stand-alone gas-fired hot water heater to be installed in my basement (since there's already a combination furnace & A/C unit in my attic...
  3. C

Residential Direct Vent Natural Gas water heater install

Thanks Dana. I don't think that I have a choice in the type of hot water heater because the contractor installed a Lennox forced-air heating system (furnace?) in the attic alongside the air conditioning condenser as part of a package deal forced-air heating/cooling system. I doubt that I...
  4. C

Residential Direct Vent Natural Gas water heater install

Hello all, I am converting my house to natural gas and need a new gas-fired water heater for my basement location, where the old boiler & burner were (good riddance to oil). I have two issues that I need some advice on. First, I spoke with the plumbers whom are on my house job, and they...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks