Recent content by CG

1. C

My boiler regularly needs refilling.

Thanks everybody! It looks like I have got a leak somewhere then! I thought I might have.... I will go on a leak hunt at the weekend! ;)
  2. C

My boiler regularly needs refilling.

My mum had central heating installed a couple of years ago but the system always seems to need refilling regularly, every couple of weeks or so. I can't see any signs of a leak anywhere so I don't really know what is going on. How often should the system need refilling? The installer...
  3. C

How can I dissolve hardened caustic soda?

Just an update to everybody who has helped me! I thought I had solved the problem as when I poured water down the sink it disappeared. However, I could hear water running so pulled up the floorboards. The plastic waste pipes were joined to a lead pipe, which in the presence of a huge clog of...
  4. C

Thanks gardner. I will take precautions as best I can. Hopefully it won't be too difficult and I will manage to resolve the problem without getting caustic soda on myself or anything else!:(
  5. C

Thanks Ladiesman271! I will try to remove the trap and see how I get on! Here's hoping...........:o
  6. C

My mum just died and I bought her house but one of the sinks was slow to drain. My brother in law said he would unblock it and poured caustic soda crystals down the plughole. This seems to have set and now the sink is completely blocked. Is there any way to dissolve the caustic soda that has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks