Recent content by CF

1. CF

Green/Cement Board Overlapping Tub Flange vs Leaving Gap Between Board and Flange

Thanks again for your help. The confusion is much improved. For the sheet membranes, Noble appears to be the easiest for the DIYer to buy. The have an online store at noblecompany.com. Home Depot can get Schluter-Kerdi but I don't think they stock it. Is there a durability advantage to...
  2. CF

Green/Cement Board Overlapping Tub Flange vs Leaving Gap Between Board and Flange

Now I'm adding to the confusion. I am NOT interested in using Kerdiboard or Wedi at this time. Is there a way to compare the durability of the waterproofing systems from Kerdi, Nobel, Laticrete, Mapei and Ardex? For example, how do the sheet waterproofing membranes from Kerdi and Noble...
  3. CF

I'm confused but not frustrated. You have a lot of good information here and I just need to sort it out. For example the picture of the tub with Noble TS and Aqua Defense surprised me. I would have thought the Noble TS (installed per Noble's spec's) is a waterproofing membrane by itself. I...
  4. CF

Hopefully, this is an extension of this thread and not a hijack. My project is also a tub/shower surround but I plan to tile it with 3x6 subway tile. Whether the backer board should be shimmed is also one of my issues. The NTCA Handbook 2012, specification B419-12 (p. 149) for cement backer...
  5. CF

Connecting branch lines to building drain

Thanks Terry. The bathrooms are back to back and each is 5' x 8.5'. The shower is 30" x 60" with a center drain. The long wall is external but there are 2 x 4 walls on each end. So the five feet to the vent is not a problem. The shower trap arm could be routed opposite to the direction...
  6. CF

I have read a lot of posts on this website over the past year and have been impressed by the advice that was given. I appreciate your expert opinions and that's why I posted my question here. I have no problems with doing it "right" even though I'm not on the "left" coast. Would having the...
  7. CF

Thanks for clarifying that Tom. So the bathrooms' branch drain and the wye connecting it to the building drain appear to be code worthy. Are there any better options for connecting the back to back lavs besides using the double elbow?
  8. CF

Thanks again hj. The wet vent code is real confusing. I have seen where some states, e.g. California, require the toilet to be the last fixture on the wet vent. However, Georgia has no current amendments to the 2006 IPC which does not require it. The International Code Council has an article...
  9. CF

Thanks for your feedback hj. I've either made a mistake in my design or my drawing. My understanding of the horizontal wet vent for a bathroom group under IPC 2006 was that the shower would be vented by the vertical vent just as the WCs and the bathtub. The bathroom branch drain is 4" and its...
  10. CF

Is it acceptable for two branch lines to connect to the building drain using a 45 degree wye fitting with the branch inlet rotated up? One branch line is for two bathrooms and uses a horizontal wet vent. It is about 8" higher than the branch line for the kitchen sink and laundry room...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks