Recent content by Cephus

1. Cephus

Parts Needed for Single-piece Glacier Bay Toilets

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
  2. Cephus

Parts Needed for Single-piece Glacier Bay Toilets

Bought a new house last year and it came with two probably 80s era Glacier Bay toilets. These are one-piece units without the dual-flush feature. They worked fine for a year, but now one if them is starting to run and I'm having a heck of a time sourcing replacement parts. Of local sources...
  3. Cephus

Question about Ceiling Fan wiring

I disassembled another fan to see how it was wired, the red wire was not even present in others, they just had the light wire bundled to the hots, I did that and it worked just fine. Thanks for your suggestions.
  4. Cephus

It's not. The mount is made for one of those ball-type hangers, but this fan just screws into the side of the mount and doesn't use the hanger at all.
  5. Cephus

And unfortunately, wiring it that way produces zero power, even though I've tested the leads and know they are good. Hmmm.
  6. Cephus

Yes, that's what the blue wire is for. I already grounded the ceiling ground to the hanger, which had a spot for it, and that's grounded to the box. I think I'm fine, I just wanted to make sure before I went and did anything. Thanks.
  7. Cephus

Bought a new house 4 months ago and one of the first things I noticed is that the old owners had used a non-ceiling fan rated plastic box, which had broken. So I took down the fan and planned to replace the box and reinstall it relatively quickly. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Work got...
  8. Cephus

Septic System Cover

No clue, haven't tried it, we were just told by the installers not to drive on it. Was just up at the new house and the cap it far enough out of the way where driving around it isn't a big deal, although, as I said, I'd like to put in a metal plate, both for aesthetic purposes and to protect...
  9. Cephus

Septic System Cover

Hmm, I'll have to look for that, thanks.
  10. Cephus

Septic System Cover

Like I said, all of the ones I've found commercially available for the homeowner are plastic and the metal ones, like they use for street sewers, require a significant depth for the base. Now the plastic ones I've seen claim they're good for upwards of 30 years but I have no experience with it...
  11. Cephus

Cleaning Really Tough Toilet Stains

No, it isn't on well water, but it is on septic, although whatever chemicals I use, I wasn't planning on flushing down regardless, I'll just suck out with the wet dry vac so it won't affect the septic at all. It's not an old toilet, it's a high efficiency model that's probably no more than 10...
  12. Cephus

Septic System Cover

The leach field isn't, just the tank itself. From what I hear from the inspection company, this is ridiculously common, albeit stupid. The tank and system checked out in great condition though.
  13. Cephus

Septic System Cover

No clue where to put this, if this is wrong, please move it to the appropriate forum. As I said in another forum, we just bought a house and it's on septic. The geniuses who lived there before decided it would be a great idea to put in a circular driveway right on top of the septic tank and we...
  14. Cephus

Cleaning Really Tough Toilet Stains

We just bought a house and sometime in the last month, while escrow was going through, one of the contractors or inspectors that we had go through the house used the restroom. Of course, they didn't know that I had shut off the water to that bathroom because it needs to have the flapper...
  15. Cephus

Broken Mortise Lock

Good news, it was all brass, the grinder cut through it like butter. The bad news, I was thinking I could modify the mortise lock for a new modern deadbolt but it doesn't look like that will be possible. Luckily, my wife works for a company that manufacturers mortise locks so we're looking for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks