Recent content by CeeZee

1. CeeZee

Pedestal Sink Question

yep ... that's me, for sure :D Now, to find a small vanity that looks and is built like it cost two grand but doesn't!
  2. CeeZee

Pedestal Sink Question

Thanks Mark, The two water feeds are 4" from the wall and the drain is 5" from the wall. Both of those measurements are from the back wall to the front of the feed(s). I'm not having an easy time finding out the exact specs for each pedestal. I'm sure the info is out there somewhere! Are you...
  3. CeeZee

Pedestal Sink Question

Thanks Mike50 and prashter, The Kohler sink is beautiful but too traditional for what I have in mind. I'll take a look a what else they offer, tho. I'd like to find something a little more streamlined with cleaner lines. What I would most like to get is a small vanity that goes to the floor...
  4. CeeZee

Pedestal Sink Question

Thanks prashter, I just checked all the bathroom sinks in the house. The one in the powder room is the only one to go directly into the floor, all the others go into a wall. It certainly must be an s-trap (I googled s-trap and first item that came up looks just like mine). My house is 23...
  5. CeeZee

Pedestal Sink Question

I'm going to replace the vanity in my powder room and am hoping that I can instead put in a pedestal sink (to visually open up the very small space). The size of the powder room is 36" x 70" so it's quite small. As you open the door, the toilet is on the right and a 36" wide vanity is on the...
  6. CeeZee

Plumbing Experts: Choosing bathroom faucets

Any feedback on the higher-end American Standard faucets? I'm installing two of them in my masterbath and vanity area redo. These are single handle types, look fantastic, and sure are heavy! The Moens that they are replacing (along with new sinks and countertops) are over 20 years old and...
  7. CeeZee

How to attach granite backsplash ?

Verdeboy, Thanks for your detailed instructions – very helpful. As you can tell, this type of installation is all very new to me. My next step is to try to get the current countertop and splashguards off without ruining the cabinet and walls. All depends on what kind of glue they used, I...
  8. CeeZee

Marble over laminate cabinet ?

Sorry – I do keep saying marble but I definitely mean granite ! I love the look of some of the marble but I know it's just not going to hold up. :o
  9. CeeZee

How to attach granite backsplash ?

Yet another question about my new granite vanity countertop. I'm going to pull off the existing cultured granite (ugh) countertop, backsplash and side splashes. I hoping I can do this without too much damage to the existing wallboard. If I run into trouble I patch and fill them. I'll then...
  10. CeeZee

Thank you both! I'll definitely plan on caulking around the countertop. Now I'm waiting for the sink to come in so that I can make up a template for the granite folks.
  11. CeeZee

I plan on removing the cultured marble countertop (which have sinks) that is over a single laminate cabinet and replacing it with a real marble (with new sink and faucet) countertop. This is in a small vanity area of 36" wide by 22" deep. So the countertop will go from side wall to side wall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks