Recent content by CecilB

1. CecilB

Lead bend issue..

I am going to see if that is possible......access is really tough there but it might be possible. On the other side I should have done that but cut the hub off and used a transition coupling from there. It is solid and leak free and was tested for sometime before the ceiling was closed up....I...
  2. CecilB

Lead bend issue..

Yes I read that thread and it made me think others have done it. My biggest problem would be there is no way to know what the fit was like before cutting the lead. If the I.D. of the lead did not fit the copper well.......I would have to come up with a solution and there would be no going...
  3. CecilB

Lead bend issue..

If you have no access to the cast iron that the lead pipe is connected to but did have access to most of the pipe and were thinking of a way to get rid of the lead as far as you could.......this is a solution that I thought of. It is not a hack job,.....just a somewhat different solution. It's...
  4. CecilB

Lead bend issue..

I have a bathroom with an old lead bend that goes horizontal back into a 4" cast iron branch. I cannot get to the area where the lead connects to the iron. The lead is about 14-16" long and I do have access from underneath it. Is it possible to slip a piece of 4" copper inside the lead to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks