Recent content by cea

1. C

Vessel Sink Height and Venting

Hey, guys. Something occurred to me the other day. Vessel sinks have made it into the home centers, meaning that DIY'ers will be buying them and replacing their existing in-counter lavs with them. Most of the vanities I've seen for vessel applications end up putting the flood rim of the...
  2. C

Vent size for full bath + washer

The minimum vent size is based on the number of drainage fixture units served by the vent. For a secondary vent serving just the fixtures you listed, 2" should be sufficient. However, your code probably requires you to increase the vent terminal (from 12" or so below the roof line, on up to...
  3. C

Sanitary Tee vs. 90 Wye vs. Vent Tee

From the "Inspector is Always Right" Dept. My local inspector prefers a san tee on its back to a wye/combo for vertical vent-only connections to a horizontal drain because "it vents better." No doubt backed up by extensive testing in his personal hydraulics lab (not). I'm sure the guy who...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks