Recent content by CCbrands1

1. CCbrands1

Plumbing problem... need help

Are the leaks at the straps? Did you get a home inspection before purchasing? Any decent inspector would have pointed out the copper straps.
  2. CCbrands1

Help! Glued down laminate tiles

when was your house built? these MAY be VAT's ( vinyl asbestos tiles ) are they 9" or 12"?
  3. CCbrands1

3/4 bath remodel in basement

sorry...i meant that the drains are underneath concrete...you probably assumed this considering it is in a basement toilet drain is about 2 - 3 feet from vent shower drain is about 4 - 5 feet from where it will tap into the main drain line. shower drain tap on main line can be within 1...
  4. CCbrands1

diagram here
  5. CCbrands1

so to elaborate, can I place my 3 x 2 wye in the spot in the attatched diagram?
  6. CCbrands1

Drain rough in for a 1/2 bath in basement. 1 1/2" vent at the vanity drain line. Toilet drain is upstream of the vent. Drains beneath concrete. I want to add a shower into the mix. I plan to install a 3 x 2 wye after the vent for the vanity drain line. Is it ok to run the shower drain...
  7. CCbrands1

Insulation

kraft/vapor barrier should face the conditioned space. same goes for attics and crawl spaces.
  8. CCbrands1

Weird Shower Drain Problem

lack of venting...fo...sho weight of the excess water eventually pushes its way through the drain
  9. CCbrands1

mortar beds

whirlpool i bought requires a mortar bed. directions dont indicate the thickness of the mortar bed. i've heard that a half inch is usually enough. is there any minimum thickness I should shoot for. i was thinking about a half inch in the front, 1.5 inch near the back. at what...
  10. CCbrands1

opinions on rubber unions

I am going to connect 1.5 inch sched 40 pvc P trap to 1.5 inch copper drain line for my tub. whats everyone's opinion on the rubber unions with stainless clamps? this union would be laying horizontally? i would like to never have to revisit this once it's done. any better options out...
  11. CCbrands1

tile bead kit

installing a tile bead kit on a whirlpool tub. aside from the adhesive they give with it, does anyone have tips on installing it? i know to notch the corners. any other special adhesive I should use? should I staple or nail this bead to the studs to hold it in place? vapor barrier...
  12. CCbrands1

Electrical Work, Dryer Outlet

john you admit a downfall was not hiring an inspector dont be so sure that a new house doesnt have it's own set of issues ones that dont surface until your new home warranty is long gone anyone who is not a certified home inspector should be paying the few hundred bucks for an...
  13. CCbrands1

What is better operating system?

That would be best. No disrespect whatsoever, but if you have to ask which OS to go with, then windows is best. linux is command based, instead of "windows" GUI based. albeit more secure against worms and viri, it is nowhere near as user friendly as windows. WAAAAYYYYY less software...
  14. CCbrands1

Internet explorer or Moxilla Firefox

ie or ff anyone would be hard pressed to find big reasons to switch from one to the other. you'll probably find a bit more support (microsoft) with ie. all other reasons are pretty much asthetic.
  15. CCbrands1

whirlpool install

thx once again Jadnashua how about the tile bead question? is 100% silicone best? is bricklayer's mortar best for the mortar bed?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks