Recent content by cathead

1. cathead

4 way switch problems

I took the switch off today and there were no labels on the new switch like the old one had (line 1 and line 2). I labeled the wires and connected them a different way and the light works perfectly now. I have taken the switch off so many times that I noticed I have almost stripped the 3 gang...
  2. cathead

4 way switch problems

Thanks for the replies. I just returned from vacation and will give it shot again this weekend.
  3. cathead

4 way switch problems

I recently painted my house and changed all of the light switches and outlets. I have a split foyer home with a light in the foyer area. There is a 3 way switch as you come in the door, a 3 way switch at the bottom of the stairs and a 4 way switch at the top of the stairs all to control the...
  4. cathead

Compact flourescent bulbs

would 10 recessed lights with the cfl's and 4 outlets with a plasma tv, stereo, dvd be too much for a 15 amp circuit. The builder of my home (1988) put the entire house on 13 circuits. I wish he would have spread it out a bit.
  5. cathead

Compact flourescent bulbs

I currently have 2 standard style lights that have (2) 60 watt bulbs each. I want to install 10 recessed lights to replace the standard fixtures. I was worried about having to install a new circuit but the electrician says that I can use 60 watt rated compact flourescent bulbs that only use 14...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks