Recent content by castufari

1. C

Joining chrome/copper to lead pipe

I posted about my pipe replacement last week. Finally got over to Hajoca for the parts. Replaced the trap and the 90 (which came with a long enough pipe to hit the wall). Also scored some of that epoxy that you do with your hands. Anyway, I put the stuff in this evening. I had to shimmy the...
  2. C

Broken pipe flange/lip

The PVC route will suffice. :D I looked at that closer, there is enough solder on there to build another Hoover Dam. :) The PVC route sounds perfect, I'll hit the plumbing place in the morning.
  3. C

Broken pipe flange/lip

I cut the 90 off, at the joint was a piece that connected that to the main pipe. Apparently part of the pipe was damaged previously, as when I cut it part of the pipe between my cut and the wall crumbled. GRRRR. No one is open now that has 1.25" pipe, so I'll be hunting around on Tuesday. Funny...
  4. C

Broken pipe flange/lip

That nut doesn't tighten there, in normal mode it's on the end of the 90 where the lip is. I'm going to the store shortly, I'll see what they have, I might cut that out and solder a new section in.
  5. C

Broken pipe flange/lip

If you look at the left side of the picture where that 90 degree turns down you'll see the crack - it's right above the black washer. I put the trap back on this, tightened it up and it proceeded to leak. The 90 is chrome, the section it is attached to looks to be chrome also. I think the...
  6. C

Broken pipe flange/lip

The house was built in 1915. (never again) Could I resolder a replacement in? I have some soldering stuff from when I had to fix a few leaky copper joints in the mid 90s.
  7. C

Broken pipe flange/lip

This morning the mrs dropped a contact lens down the sink again so I once again pulled the trap out. While reassembling it I noticed that the flange on the wall side is cracked about 1/3 of the way around the pipe. What is the best way to repair this? I didn't want to reassmble the unit until it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks