Recent content by carotene

1. carotene

Upstairs laundry

The house was built in 1961. I'm guessing this is original but who knows... We just moved in a few months ago. Opening the walls upstairs i've found other "interesting" things.
  2. carotene

Upstairs laundry

Thanks asktom. If this were your place would you pull the galvanized vent and sink drain and replace with PVC? Maybe because it's only a vent it shouldn't cause any troubles for the next 50 years?
  3. carotene

Upstairs laundry

I opened up the wall in the powder bath below the closet. Here's a pic. It looks like the galvanized pipe that goes straight up vents the toilet. But the lav tees in to this as well so isn't that wet venting the toilet? What would you guys recommend here? We plan to be here a long time and I...
  4. carotene

Upstairs laundry

well, i'm going to open the floor in the closet this weekend and peak between the floor joists. the way the joists are run I may be able to shoot over to the main stack. I hope I can get the drop I need. I'll keep you all posted. thanks!
  5. carotene

Upstairs laundry

thanks for the replies folks! For question 2, I wasn't proposing "wet venting" / using that vent as a drain. I would tie the washer drain vent into it. Per Jim, i'd tie in above the flood plain (i'll check code locally on this), but it would make sense to tie in well above. Asktom: "1) Yes...
  6. carotene

Upstairs laundry

Hello All, Just joined the forum here and have a few questions about an upstairs laundry we're putting in. This is a 1960's split. We're converting a closet into a small laundry. Directly below this closet (with the same footprint) is a powder room on an at-grade slab. Sink and toilet only...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks