Recent content by carolbil

1. carolbil

Stray Cats!!!

Dear cookie, do you get the impression you're all by yourself here? First of all, you need to read posts a little better - this wasn't a recent incident, this was years ago, and it didn't hurt the cats because they didn't go in there. Why in the world do you think they would? Do you think a...
  2. carolbil

I hear a drip in the wall?

No, it was never a rattle, always a drip sound...or at least it sounded like a very loud drip to me. Wasn't a drip at all though, it was the pipe behind the shower wall tapping against the wall itself. And it wasn't only after a shower in that particular bathroom, it would happen after a...
  3. carolbil

Expandable foam we never thought of - you can use that in there? My husband did do what verdeboy suggested and put a wooden shim in there this evening, but I can still hear it - do you believe that? It's almost as if the sound moves, because now it sounds like it's a little deeper inside the...
  4. carolbil

Stray Cats!!!

Ok, I also have to tell you guys what we did when we had cats using our front flower bed as a litter box, and not just urine. I had been told that once they start doing that, you can't break them of it, they just keep coming back to the same spot. First, we put in some mulch thinking they...
  5. carolbil

Stray Cats!!!

Oh geez, I have to get one of these - does it also work at night? I assume it works with a sensor but does the sensor pick up movement day and night both? We only have a problem with 'critters' at night....
  6. carolbil

Ok, we figured out what it was - or at least we think we have - it's the pipe hitting the wood inside the wall. My husband took off the plate behind the faucet and could make the same sound by tapping the inside with the pipe, but how do we stop it? He's tried two times now to put a piece of...
  7. carolbil

Well, I thank you guys for your help, it's truly appreciated. We finally got the water to run clear after completely draining the tank and letting the water run for awhile, so after 3 hours of 'playing' with everything, we were quite relieved that everything was fixed....I was wrong. He took a...
  8. carolbil

Well, hubby has been working on this for the last two hours, and we think we fixed it....we'd been having problems for maybe the last month with air in the pipes, so we turned the water off then turned it back on, first cold then hot, and did some other things I don't understand, and after all...
  9. carolbil

The house is a ranch so there's nothing above it. Below is what we call a Michigan basement - in other words, not a useable basement and not a crawl space - it's just big enough to stand up in and where our furnace and hot water heater are. My husband was just down there and said he noticed no...
  10. carolbil

My husband and I have been living in this house for the last 6 years and have never experienced anything like this before. We have two bathrooms but the one causing the problem has just a shower with tiled walls. For the last few days we've noticed a 'drip' (or at least what sounds like a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks