Recent content by Cap

1. Cap

Sporadic Rumble in Pipes

The sound appears to be connected to the upstairs toilet after all. So we're having it changed. It's over 20 years old and we've got our money's worth from it. In the meantime, we've gotten rid of the humming in the pipes by turning off the main downstairs and opening up all the taps in the...
  2. Cap

Sporadic Rumble in Pipes

This house was built in '65 and we've lived in it for more than 20 years now. This noise started only about three weeks ago and the only thing that happened prior to that was the water shut off and me flushing the toilet without knowing it had been off. I have a feeling that may have damaged...
  3. Cap

Sporadic Rumble in Pipes

So, how serious is this? It happens about once a day so chances are it wouldn't happen when the plumber is standing there listening. It seems like air is building up somewhere and then is released, but you say it isn't air in the pipes. Would changing the guts of the two toilets stop this...
  4. Cap

Sporadic Rumble in Pipes

It hasn't happened yet today. It usually happens between 8:30 and 9:30 pm. But not every day. It doesn't happen after someone flushes the toilet or takes a shower or runs the dishwasher. The toilets seem to flush normally, by the way. Nothing has changed prior to and after the noise (cross...
  5. Cap

Sporadic Rumble in Pipes

How? Do I shut off the main and open all the faucets in the house? Cap
  6. Cap

Sporadic Rumble in Pipes

About a week or so ago I started hearing a rumble in the pipes downstairs. It lasts about 10-15 seconds. I've narrowed the noise down to what used to be the laundry room. There are two narrow pipes coming from the wall that feed hot and cold water to an old sink, but they haven't been used in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks