Recent content by Canton

1. Canton

Utica SSC-100 boiler runs all the time even with thermostat off.

Hi, Just installed a new wall hung gas-fired hydronic stainless steel condensing boiler with only one zone. After electrician was done wiring boiler, thermostat and co2 detector we tried to fire it up and we got nothing. This boiler has a control module where you can set the various...
  2. Canton

Pedestal sink in new home- supply lines through floor?

pedestal I usually rough in a pedestal sink drain @ 21", I put my hot and cold supplies 2" above the drain and 4" or 2" off the center of the drain to the left or right according to the faucet spread.
  3. Canton

Kohler toilet leak at base

A have a customer that called about a kohler toilet that had a bit of water coming out between the toilet and the floor. He already had 2 plumbers before me, both of them double the wax ring with the second plumber taking out the plastic attachment(funnel) to the other wax ring and putting in 2...
  4. Canton

Victoria and Albert tub, and freestanding faucet/shower valve.

My g.c's client bought this tub, it's an English manufacturer of high end freestanding and clawfoot tubs. Anyone ever install one of these? I've never installed one of these so it's going to be a challenge, the client also bought the Kohler 1610 tub/handheld shower faucet. The client also...
  5. Canton

upgrading to a 1" meter

Ma. Almost every residential household in Ma. has a 3/4" water supply into the house. You want to add a full bath and a laundry, you already have 2 full baths. Here's how we size in Ma. Hot Cold 3 W.C...
  6. Canton

Water main

I've taken over a job that has 2.5 baths, 1 kitchen and 1 laundrey on each side. The rough plumbing in this gut renovation has already been done and passed inspection. The house has one main that feeds both homes. The main water line comes in @ 3/4" and then t's to separate meters feeding...
  7. Canton

Stack Venting

I don't think so. In Ma. 3 requirements for Stack venting. 1.fixtures connect independently into the drain 2. Are on the same floor 3.1/4" pitch per ft. Maximum distance from trap to vent for the following sizes: 1 1/2" - 5' 2" -6' 3" -8' 4" -10' I also believe that...
  8. Canton

Kohler K-4854 Bidet- Anyone ever install one of these?

You are correct sir. Actually you can come out from the wall or below the floor. Thanks
  9. Canton

Kohler K-4854 Bidet- Anyone ever install one of these?

I have a client that wants to install a new bidet , and this is a newly finished bathroom in a new condo complex, he is closing on the place and would like it done before he moves in. I wondering if anyone has installed a Kohler bidet and how difficult it was? No pun intended but I hear...
  10. Canton

Venting question in Ma.

The four seasons are over-rated. Stay where you are, you can always have the clams shipped overnight.
  11. Canton

Venting question in Ma.

Yes sir. I am. I did look it up in the code book and we need to be 2 ft. above or 10 ft. away. Like I said, there is little alternative other then opening up the walls so I'm gonna ask the inspector what he would like us to do so I won't have to do it twice.
  12. Canton

Venting question in Ma.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My friend has an old house in Gloucester Ma. where the vent for the 1st floor kitchen sink (drum trap) runs out and up the side of the house terminating just below the eaves, that is obviously no good. He's...
  13. Canton

Distance vent stack to chimney

Vent problem? My friend has an old house in Gloucester Ma. where the vent for the 1st floor kitchen sink (drum trap) runs out and up the side of the house terminating just below the eaves, that is obviously no good. He's doing the kitchen over, 2 sinks and a washer, there is a pantry off the...
  14. Canton

Super Bowl, who is your favorite to win? 2008

Superbowl winners I've personally always liked the underdog. So when the Pats beat the "Greatest show on turf" for their 1st Superbowl victory it was special. I live in Ma. and naturally want the Pats to win but it won't feel the same as before. I think that Jacksonville presents their...
  15. Canton

Plumbing drawing for 1/2 bath

Vent Take the 1 1/2" line from the lav. straight up 6" above the flood level rim of the sink..90 over to the 2" vent and you'll ok as long as you vent that 2" through the roof or tie into another vent in the attic.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks