Recent content by Campervanman

1. Campervanman

Options to replace iron filter and pressure tank

Thanks for taking the time, LLigetfa. I am planning to replace the galvanized tank with a bladder tank as part of this project. However, I appreciate the information on how my current system *should* be working!
  2. Campervanman

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Here's a stupid question. Well pump died in 2020 and went with plumbers recommendation on it's replacement. 3/4 HP, rated for 7GPM. I've not measured output since that was installed but if pump is rated 7GPM is it safe to assume that's what I have? The...
  3. Campervanman

I currently have a galvanized pressure tank with micronizer, plus an older iron filter. Looking to 1) reduce the total noise of the system (micronizer seems to make a lot of noise when pump is running) 2) extend pump cycle and 3) proactively replace old equipment. The galvanized tank does not...
  4. Campervanman

Planning for replacement well water system

Thank you, Valveman. I have a micronizer/air injector installed immediately prior to the pressure tank. It failed a couple years back and the tank became waterlogged. I had assumed that meant I didn't have a bleeder orifice in the well. Would that make sense?
  5. Campervanman

Planning for replacement well water system

I am planning ahead for the replacement of my current well water system. I don't need to do anything immediately (touch wood!) but there are a few factors I am thinking about: The age of the system (could my existing galvanized pressure tank be 50 years old?) Potentially short run time of well...