Recent content by Caldezrat

1. Caldezrat

Replacement of a circa 2007 Clack

By unconnecting the hose to the float valve tube, i was able to pull the mechanism partially out of the round well inside the salt tank. My older float valve from a house I owned years ago you could visually see the float mechanism bouncing up and down. On my new float valve, I think there is...
  2. Caldezrat

Replacement of a circa 2007 Clack

I bought a unit from my local vendor that was sourced from Nelson Corp. It came with the float valve shown. I was getting a lot of air in my shower head and investigated if my float valve was open/ closed as designed. I shook it and didn’t feel the “float” bouncing. I shook it harder and it...
  3. Caldezrat

Softener decision time - 5800 LXT vs WS1

I did the WS1. No regrets from a DIY’er. Easy to maintain and program.
  4. Caldezrat

Water softener causing low pressure

I had low water flow throughout the house but when my water softener was bypassed, full pressure again. I unscrewed my Clack valve from the resin tank and reached in and got a sample of the resin. Instead of being firm little beads, the beads were mushy and easy to break. I flushed out the old...
  5. Caldezrat

Ultramax II - Questions

I recently replaced two American Standard toilets with Toto Ultramax II. Best thing I ever did. The AS were crap. They never flushed right and constantly needed 2nd and 3rd flush. Toto is a a true one flush toilet.
  6. Caldezrat

Gravel type & size

I found the NSF gravel using google. Guess what? It's cheaper than aquarium gravel!
  7. Caldezrat

Gravel type & size

I bought my gravel at the local aquarium store. It was clean but I went ahead and rinsed the gravel anyways. I figured the gravel would be free from any bad contaminants or the fish would die.
  8. Caldezrat

Toto for big paper users

I'm going to suggest something. If your wife is a big paper user, give some consideration to a washlet. At our household, our paper consumption was cut drastically. No more money down the drain! I felt like we were buying toilet paper by the boxcar. Plus they are a perfect match for a Toto...
  9. Caldezrat

The myst of the best toilet

Terry is the head man. :) Can't go wrong with the Toto UltraMax II from my experience. Add a washlet and now you are the king!
  10. Caldezrat

Is this water softener installed correctly?

I'm not familiar with that type of elbow and hose configuration. What is the manufacturer of that? It looks like it's a possible restriction. Also is that a sharkbite fitting next to your Clack by-pass assembly?
  11. Caldezrat

Water softener flexible connections

This is what I used for my water softener installation. www.falconstainless.com Description Reviews (0) Product Description
  12. Caldezrat

Convert round washlet to elongated?

I bought a round Toto washlet and want to move it to another toilet at a recently bought condo. I found out the condo toilet is elongated. Can the seat be changed? Thanks in advance!
  13. Caldezrat

Noisy toilets

I have a Toto Ultramax. It is also ultra-quiet.
  14. Caldezrat

Low flow from Clack WS1 water softener

I fully appreciate the engineer who came up with this design. My hats off to him.
  15. Caldezrat

Low flow from Clack WS1 water softener

In hindsight, I should have known the signs. I started suspecting my flow rate through the house was going down even though my dedicated lawn water was fine. Then I noticed my soft water ran out way too quick. My stack and piston change out was to remedy the brine tank not emptying when it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks