Recent content by cabinguy

1. C

Draining first floor stand pipe into basement standpipe

I am still trying to decide whether to connect the stand pipe directly into the drain line or to just dump it into the stationary tub. I understand now that if I drain into the drain line I need a trap between 18 and 30 inches below the top of the stand pipe which puts it inside the finished...
  2. C

drain pipe looks good for being installed in the 50's. If I did tie in I would be less than three feet from where the 2" enters the 4" soil stack so venting wold not be an issue? I assume I could cut the galv. and insert a 2"pvc wye I would need to insert a p-trap that would be located in the...
  3. C

Thanks; Will try your suggestion before employing the plywood lid. Appreciate all the useful input.
  4. C

Thanks HJ I can deal with the splashing, a plywood lid if nothing else. Just wanted to be sureit wasn't a code violation.
  5. C

The washer will be on the first floor and the stationary tub is located in the basement one floor below the washing machine. Was planning to use a stand pipe but drain the stand pipe into the stationary tub instead of tying the stand pipe into an existing galvanized 2 inch drain line in the...
  6. C

The washer will be on the first floor and the stationary tub is located in the basement one floor below the washing machine. Was planning to use a stand pipe but drain the stand pipe into the stationary tub instead of tying the stand pipe into an existing galvanized 2 inch drain line in the...
  7. C

Sorry; The title of the thread should have been Draining first floor stand pipe into basement LAUNDRY TUB
  8. C

Hello; I am planning to move a washer to the first floor. I plan to run the water lines and stand pipe up to a washing machine outlet box. It must be wrong because it seems too easy, but would like to see responses to the idea of running the standpipe into the basement and allowing it to drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks