Recent content by cab

1. cab

Bathroom sink remodel venting/drain question

Members: Removing a single sink and installing two vanity sinks. There is an existing vent and drain as shown. My question is, do I need to intertie the waste and vent lines as shown in red or can I leave them unconnected? Thanks....
  2. cab

Schedule 40 PVC vs. Schedule 40 Foam Core

Not sure but I hear it is against code in WI to use foam core pvc in the dwv lines....
  3. cab

Japanese shower fixtures- thread sizes???

That looks really nice! I can get the TOTO unit wholesale in Japan for less than half the price of the Grohe unit at about $125 though, and since I will need two of them, I think I will stick with the TOTO and some adapters. I appreciate the info! Thanks, Chris
  4. cab

I would really really appreciate that! Thank you! Chris
  5. cab

I have looked and looked and can not find anything in the US similar to the Japanese style shower fixtures. These are basically a faucet with a hand-held, surface mountable, shower head take-off. They have a thermostatic mixing valve built in at the faucet which allows you to set the temp on the...
  6. cab

I plan to order them from a supplier in Japan. I am sure they will not come with any adapters. While they do not sell the fixtures I want in the US, I guess my best move is to call the US rep and ask them, maybe they can find out....
  7. cab

Shower room drain size???

The two showers will supply roughly 2-3 gpm, the tub drain will be 1.5 or 2 inch diameter. The curb will be 4-6 inches. I know that the flow out of the tub will decrease as the water level decreases. I have written the equations but my calculus/differential equation solving is a bit rusty...
  8. cab

Not going to make it easy for me are you! Thanks again, Chris
  9. cab

I figured they would be metric. Are there adapters made and where would I find such things? Thanks again for the reply... Chris
  10. cab

Does anyone here know anything about Japanese fixture thread sizes? I am building a Japanese home with a traditional walk in shower/bath room and want to use the Japanese style shower fixtures. I would like to know what kind of threads they use to see if I can connect with my water supply...
  11. cab

Shower room drain size???

Hello- I am building a 8x11 shower room which will have two shower heads and one large soaking tub. I am wondering if (1) 2 inch drain will be sufficient or if I should go with a three inch or ???? Any help would be appreciated... Chris
  12. cab

Please comment on my plumbing system design....

new schematic (bigger with a few changes) Thanks again for all comments...
  13. cab

Thank you for clarifying. I have figured out a way to route a vent from that last sink to a tie in with the toilet vent which runs up to the main stack up on the second floor. It would be ok wouldn't it, to run that last drain line as drawn towards the oncoming line but have it drop in from...
  14. cab

Thank you very much for your comments- I really appreciate it... Could you explain what you mean by a "backwards connection"? Do you mean having two drain flows coming at each other and meeting together where the line exits to the septic tank? Similarly, does the "end clean out" refer to...
  15. cab

Would appreciate any comments on my proposed plumbing system before I start cutting and joining... Thanks in advance for any and all advice... Chris
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks