Recent content by C Hutchings

1. C Hutchings

Replacing 66" tub, suggestions requested.

Yes, this is a 66" x 28". It fits exactly in that spot. (1940 is my guess) There's probably plaster and lath behind that tub surround. I may get a clawfoot. There won't be the problem of water coming in constant contact with the window and walls. Run the plumbing for the clawfoot tub...
  2. C Hutchings

Gabe, In building out the tub area, yes, seems like the best thing. But what size tub for instance would allow for ease of building out? IOW, if I get a tub that is say, 60" (and I haven't checked for one, I seem to be limitted by the 30" maximum width as to what length the tub will be)...
  3. C Hutchings

GabeS, I thank you for reminding me that some of this material can be repurposed. An artist I know may want the marble. I'll look at kerdi or redguard. That's why I'm here, for the feedback. I have a cold, it's got me a little fuzzy-headed. I have some time to research. I want to...
  4. C Hutchings

Thank you for the link. If the floor needs replacing that's understandable. I can be more conservative in other parts of the home in keeping with the concept of recycling. The space is very small. If you see another arrangement for the fixtures I'd like to hear it. What are your...
  5. C Hutchings

Thank you for mentioning the water pooling on the shelf. Could I run a curtain cieling rail along the cieling for a curtain to hang that will cover it? Should I replace this tub with the one that will allow some building up of walls on either end and trim them? A sawsall should cut...
  6. C Hutchings

Replacing the tub is the main concern. There was a shower in this bathroom at one time. It's walled over. Gutting all of the tub surround. The plumbing is accessable from a closet. The drains, pipes under the house and the floor under the tub looking up from underneath the house appear...
  7. C Hutchings

How would you handle replacing this tub? This is a small bathroom, 6' 10" X 5' 5." Below is a pic. Should I: Replace this tub with a shower only? Replace it with a 4' tub and build a shelf at the back? How would another size larger than 4' length fit in? In other words, what about the gaps...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks