Recent content by buzzard

1. buzzard

Solder

I have a full spool of solder that's been in the garage for I don't know how long. it is Dutch Boy and has the following markings: Sn 95% Sb 5% also says ASTM B-32. I also have a half spool of one that is Oatey silver lead free solder but has no other markings. I am soldering some...
  2. buzzard

copper size/design

new construction. no copper in yet. crude sketch of house. i am getting ready to do copper water supply and am unsure on sizing. i have drawn dark blue for 3/4" and light blue for 1/2"( cold water). am i sizing this correctly? i have not included the hot water because i was told to...
  3. buzzard

venting

gentlemen, a question for your expertise. i have two vents up to the ceiling/attic floor represented by the two red lines in the picture. i have drawn three proposed spots to take it through the roof: A the green lines; B the blue lines and C the orange lines. is there a preferred spot...
  4. buzzard

1st floor plumb layout

this is how i propose to put it together. is there a better way? will it meet IRC code?
  5. buzzard

1st floor plumb layout

1st floor plumb layout revised would like some thoughts on the proposed layout..
  6. buzzard

rough in help. pics included

i hope he made that number up. i glued it. :(
  7. buzzard

thanks for all this info. im took all those notes down. someone else wrote that i need ten pipe diameters from the soil stack to the lav connection in pic 4. is that the case?
  8. buzzard

all pipes shown are 4" or 2"
  9. buzzard

i re-read westcoasts last post and i'm wondering if it's being suggested that a longsweep 90 with a straight verticle to the flange is a better way to do that? also i put the cleanouts (pic 1)at the buildings exit because i thought they were required. are they? ( irc code) do i have to have...
  10. buzzard

im pitching it too much cause i dont know any better :D. i have been lurking here for days waiting for a good man like you to say " look here, chief, try running the poop a little slower with less slope by doing it this way...". im a first time pseudo plumber who enjoys the challenge of...
  11. buzzard

thanks for the feedback. i plan on putting a 4x4x2 wye for the toilet vent and joining it to the shower vent at over 42". this make sense? does it matter where along that short toilet branch i put it? like will it function better if its closer to one end or the other?
  12. buzzard

u r right. that 1/8 bend is half way in concrete. i just made the note and will space that out, thanks. i'd like to hear some feedback on the toilet branch. i have some concerns there. like, should that branch have a vent or not.
  13. buzzard

power flickering

so the power is flickering this morning and i went outside after checking service panel. the meter socket ( old round kind) is making sizzling sound and its fogged up inside. so im thinking the socket has water in it, which would make sense cause the wire is terribly old and has almost no...
  14. buzzard

i wanna say they are 16" or so from top of horizontal to top finish floor. with the washer horizontal being about 6" from top to top.
  15. buzzard

closet flange is 16" to center from wall ( that is side to side). it will be 12.5" to center behind toilet on future frame wall. this is a rough for a future basement bath and there will be no finish on wall(paint). the bath will have no walls that are exterior, and so that wall needn't be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks