Recent content by Buttercup

1. Buttercup

Kohler Wellworth problem

Thank you Redwood and Gary! This has been very helpful. I replaced and put in a new fill valve and flapper as you suggested and the toilet works perfectly.
  2. Buttercup

Kohler Wellworth problem

I have a Kohler Wellworth 6 litre toilet that has a problem because the tank does not stop filling and water flows into the overflow drain. The float comes up half way and stops. You hear water flowing after you flush and it does not stop on its own. Should I replace the whole float and shut off...
  3. Buttercup

Crane 13.25 litre toilet: Swirls on first flush, goes down on second flush

Many thanks Terry!!! I called a top plumbing company in Toronto, and they totally agreed with you that the problem was the toilet and not the vent pipe. So I had our plumber replace our 13.25 litre Crane toilet, as you suggested and guess what, the new toilet flushes perfectly. We are delighted...
  4. Buttercup

I appreciate all of your opinions. Let's keep this forum friendly and informative! I do not want to make this a contest.
  5. Buttercup

Jeff your answer seems very helpful and I am strongly considering checking out the vent. Problem is our weather in Toronto....we are getting a snowstorm today!!! Luckily this toilet isn't used often, but checking out the vent seems like the wise thing to do. Terry I am not going to drag the...
  6. Buttercup

Thanks for your reply Jeff. Please elaborate as to why it could be a vent problem.
  7. Buttercup

Thanks Jim and Gary for your replies. There is no water evaporation problem. There is a good amount of water on the first flush and the water goes up high but just swirls. Have pulled up the toilet and we augered but did not find anything. I am trying to figure out if it is the toilet itself. a...
  8. Buttercup

I have a Crane 13.25 litre toilet that has a flushing problem. If I put in toilet paper and flush the water level gets high, the water swirls and swirls around and the toilet paper does not go down. With a second flush the paper goes down. So if the toilet is blocked why does it work on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks