Recent content by Bulldog Plumbing

1. Bulldog Plumbing

Air Leakage from Sump

all carbon monoxide detectors fail after a period of time, i would test them.
  2. Bulldog Plumbing

Which valves

the k 304 will give you plenty of volume as long as you don't "hot rod" the shower heads, (take out the gpm limiters... :) like the kohler more than the moen, but what jadnashua says is pretty accurate, any issue you have is going to send you to a supply house for parts. (hopefully years...
  3. Bulldog Plumbing

Urine smell coming from toilet

i usually leave the back uncaulked, and have never met an inspector who has bothered to look. :)
  4. Bulldog Plumbing

Sump pump battery backup?

sump pro sump pro is exactly the answer you are looking for, however i would, for my money, go with a phcc 2400 to get the peace of mind in having 2 pumps in the pit .
  5. Bulldog Plumbing

Leaky Tub Faucet + Low Shower Head Hot Water Pressure

I just the other day peeled an american standard apart, they have inside of them some tiny little check valves all the way inside. that's where my problem was.... long needle nose pliers, and pay lots of attention those damn american standards have a ton of parts that like to fall. tip.. slide...
  6. Bulldog Plumbing

Roughing in a clawfoot tub

I had the same issue with my tub when i redid the tile, i finally used the old double offset supplies as a measure, and when from there. Problem was, the new supplies offset a different amount. So my advise is to do exactly what you are thinking, mock it up and measure it with the new parts...
  7. Bulldog Plumbing

email alerts for you sump pump?

i have high hopes that the pro series s3033 can be tied into the alarms system that the lady has already installed in her home. I'll let you know how it works out
  8. Bulldog Plumbing

email alerts for you sump pump?

I have a customer looking for an email alert system for her sump pump. I know that the pro series deluxe controller has the remote terminal to tie into an alarm system. Do any of you know of any other option that you have used and had positive results with? thanks. Doug
  9. Bulldog Plumbing

Water Line Inside Sewer Pipe

illinois plumbing code calls for a vertical separation of the sewer and water in the same trench of at least 18 inches. get a camera down the sewer to record the problem and then, sounds like it's off to court. if the contractor had it julie'd, if i understand it correctly, they still have to...
  10. Bulldog Plumbing

moving tub 12". Is vent needed? lots of pics

future vent what your are talking about doing is a correct way to do it. keep in mind if you use that future you won't have a way to add anything in the basement and have it properly vented . why not add a vent while the wall is open so you have the option for the future. doug
  11. Bulldog Plumbing

is this vent layout really bad?

improper tub vent What happens if the tub backs up, if you do it the way you have it drawn, is that the water will go down to your sinks and out over your floor. the tub vent needs to go up, over the height of the tub rim by at least six inches, and then tie into the vents from the floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks