Recent content by Budrick

1. Budrick

Slip joint washer question

Hey guys, trying to get a consensus here. Better washer for 1 1/4" chrome plated brass p-trap connection (pedestal sink so exposed). Nylon/plastic or rubber? So far in my lurking I've seen both recommended. My first attempt I think ended with over tightening because it wouldn't stop leaking...
  2. Budrick

Drain slip joint connection

Hey guys can you tell me is this just a basic slip joint? It's kind of hard to see cause it's kind of grungy but it's just a chrome pipe thru the floor into the basement. Do I just unscrew that plastic/PVC nut to undo the connection similar to a sink tailpiece?
  3. Budrick

Leaky trap

Thanks guys I will try
  4. Budrick

Leaky trap

Trying to connect brass j-bend to galvanized elbow to create p-trap. Kitchen sink so 1-1/2". Galvanized elbow is downfiring male threaded and brass has female coupling nut. It looks like the tapered plastic washer just sits flush on the surface of the elbow....shouldn't it snug up into the end...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks