Recent content by Bucky

1. Bucky

Advice on bar sink hookup: PEX --> Copper Stub Out --> Faucet

Some pictures. http://www.patrickdaley.com/11.jpg http://www.patrickdaley.com/12.jpg Before I remodeled my basement and built my bar I had some rough in plumbing work done to accommodate a sink. The supply lines are PEX and terminate at a copper stub out. I'm trying to determine the best...
  2. Bucky

Max length on flexible/braided faucet supply line?

Bummer; after talking with the AHJ there is a 30" maximum and they gave me the code reference. Guess I'll be running some copper.
  3. Bucky

ABS Trap Arm to ABS or PVC P-Trap?

If the trap arm is ABS what would be the best type of p-trap to use? (Needs to be to residential plumbing code.)
  4. Bucky

I promise I will not get in my plumber's way. :) I'm amazed that code doesn't set a max length for faucet supply lines; good news for me, though. Thanks for the info guys!
  5. Bucky

I think it's 30" right? I built a bar in my basement and the rough in for the plumbing had to come into the side of the counter/cabinets. It's a solid 30" from the rough in to the center of the counter where the sink will be plus the upward travel. I could definitely make it with 48" but not...
  6. Bucky

Sewer line embedded or below slab? (1950's house - St. Paul, MN)

Just curious what the typical building protocol was in the 1950's. I'm remodeling my basement and need to set some tapcons into the floor and I obviously don't want to hit the sewer line. Is it likely embedded in the slab or running underneath it? Or is it a crap shoot?
  7. Bucky

Two quotes - difference of more than double? (pricey one doesn't even break cement)

I know, nobody wants to talk about money on here, but I'm really scratching my head on this one. Need a rough in for a basement wet bar, which will be located directly next to current waste stack and supply lines. (First floor bathroom is directly above). The first company I had out...
  8. Bucky

How to vent this basement "island" wet bar - picture.

Thanks for that, fellow cheesehead! Any opinion on the two different approaches that have been offered?
  9. Bucky

Had another plumbing company out today. They didn't think breaking up the floor was necessary. They thought they could just snap the stack inside of that column and add a tee to service the bar sink drain and then go up through the column to the upstairs to tie in the vent. I'm all for not...
  10. Bucky

Here's the answer I have from the company that has bid out the job. I'm assuming the 42" is based on critical distance for the 1-1/2" drain size, but don't you still need to be above the spill line even if you're inside of the critical distance? "Our objective would be to tie the vent in...
  11. Bucky

No offense, but I really don't understand your response. I'm the homeowner and contractor on the rest of the project. (And I do know what I'm doing outside of plumbing; the electrical and building permits are finaled). If I'm paying someone to come in to do work on my project in my house of...
  12. Bucky

http://www.patrickdaley.com/wpg2?g2_view=core%3ADownloadItem&g2_itemId=42781 - Rendering, look at this first. http://www.patrickdaley.com/wpg2?g2_view=core%3ADownloadItem&g2_itemId=42322 - Actual picture. http://www.patrickdaley.com/wpg2?g2_view=core%3ADownloadItem&g2_itemId=42757 - Actual...
  13. Bucky

Rough Cost Estimate: Basement Wet Bar and Bathroom Work

I've got the PM at a local company drawing up an estimate. I know there's variations nationally that would result in an apples to oranges comparison, but figured someone on here has probably done similar projects and could offer a ballpark, +/- a few thousands dollars. It's not like I'm going...
  14. Bucky

Rough Cost Estimate: Basement Wet Bar and Bathroom Work

Gutted my basement (Minneapolis/St. Paul) and now in the process of building it out. Definitely building a bar, but not sure if I'll recoup enough money on adding a sink to make it worth while. Upstairs bathroom is overhead so supply lines (galvanized) are right there along with the drain...
  15. Bucky

Ventless Pump: 1) Any good? 2) How to terminate?

First off, my number one priority is to stay within code and have an acceptable setup in the eyes of my local building authority. I will be having a local plumbing company out to check out my situation and offer an estimate, but would like to have some knowledge in advance. I'm remodeling my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks