Recent content by Buckeye84

1. Buckeye84

Well water turns cloudy after sitting

I cleaned the screen last night. It was plugged up with a lot of black gunk and chunks of stuff. I then ran the filter. Then I had it run a second time in the night. I guess I'll just have to see if this gets it working again. I measured the discharge rate during backwash. There a sticker on...
  2. Buckeye84

The iron filter I have is a single tank, with a Fleck 5600SXT control valve. It replaced an old green sand filter. I got it in Feb. 2015, so not even 3 year old yet. I'm not at home so I can't offer many more details now, but can later tonight. Someone mentioned the flow not being enough, I've...
  3. Buckeye84

Thanks Reach4 I'll look into those water testing sites. My iron filter is from the online store- discount water softeners. It's called The Eliminator - 1 cubic foot. I contacted their customer support too and they suggested I clean the injector screen. So I'll try that tonight.
  4. Buckeye84

I have an older well that was probably drilled in the 1930s. The jet pump was replaced in 2001 (before I owned the house). I live in Ohio with very hard water- 26 grains. I have an air injection iron filter and a softener. I replaced both in 2015. The toilets, outside hydrants and a drinking...
  5. Buckeye84

Fleck 5600sxt setting check

Me too. There's an order sticker on the underside of the controller that specifies it should be .5 but for some reason they switched it out for 1.0.
  6. Buckeye84

Oh that makes sense. My 1gpm only allows 3# increments for salt dose since the controller only uses whole minutes for BF. Whereas a .5 would allow half lb increments and a .25 would allow 1/4 lb. But at the expense of it taking longer to run the fill cycle.
  7. Buckeye84

Thanks Reach4 & mialynette2003. I learned something new. For some reason I find softeners fascinating. So it should take 12 minutes to pull my 4 gal of brine. I couldn't find a sticker that said the draw rate. The only one I see is the BLFC rate (1gal/min, 3# salt/min). Now I'm curious...
  8. Buckeye84

But mine has a 1 gpm BLFC with about 4 gal of brine in brine tank. So if it pulls the brine from the brine tank at 1 gpm then it only takes 4 minutes to pull it all out. What i was saying is that according to the article the slow rinse cycle should be 1/3 brine pull and 2/3 slow rinse. Which is...
  9. Buckeye84

So the brine tank has about 12" of water in it and salt pellets completely cover the water. Not sure if there's a formula to determine gallons based on 18" diameter tank with pellets? The brine take up is a couple inches above the bottom. I pulled the button out of the BLFC and it says 100 24F...
  10. Buckeye84

I haven't actually measured how much water is coming out during the brine fill. However, the first time i cycled it I used a factory setting of 10 min for BF. It put so much water in the brine tank that the safety float shut it off. So I think 1 gpm is accurate, but I'll look at the button...
  11. Buckeye84

There's a silver sticker that says 1 gpm where the brine line connects to the control head.
  12. Buckeye84

Wow that was fast. Thanks Reach4. The iron filter is new too & works well so I will make the changes you suggested. Anyone else have any suggestions?
  13. Buckeye84

Hi All. First time posting on the forums. I've read things on here many times and everyone seems to be so helpful. I recently installed a Fleck5600stx softener about a month ago. Everything is working fine but I've been noticing in the shower that sometimes the water feels like it goes from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks