Recent content by Bsperr

1. Bsperr

Back-to-back vanity DWV

Thanks, Terry. That's what I was hoping to hear.
  2. Bsperr

Back-to-back vanity DWV

On second thought, can I just wet vent the new vanity above the old vanity by cutting in a new santee (assuming that this doesn't put the new p trap too high for the new sink)? All of the fixtures in the master bath are connected to this vertical wet vent section. I'm under IPC, so can I wet...
  3. Bsperr

Back-to-back vanity DWV

We remodeled our master bath a while back and I'm working on the guest bath now. When we did our master bath, I didn't realize that the vanities in the two bathrooms would end up back-to-back, or else I might have done it differently. In the picture, you can see the back side of the master bath...
  4. Bsperr

Rinnai code 14 help

I'm not sure how the burners got clogged. I saw some dead flies and other bugs in the burner chamber, so the fan might be pulling them into the chamber and their little ashes were just piling up. I do have a drip leg on the gas line.
  5. Bsperr

Rinnai code 14 help

I just wanted to follow up with how I fixed this problem in case it ever starts happening to another Rinnai owner. I finally got around to taking the water heater apart and cleaning it out. Around 4 of the burners had gotten clogged with debris, so I blew them out with compressed air. The...
  6. Bsperr

Rinnai code 14 help

I hope that someone can help me with this problem, because it's extremely annoying. I have a Rinnai RC98hpe natural gas, condensing tankless unit that is heating water for our 1500sf, two bath home. I bought it off Ebay for a steal (looks like a customer return that was never put in service)...
  7. Bsperr

back to back bathroom waste piping

I should have listed the sizes and lengths of the pipes in the iso. The main is 3", the toilet will be 3", the shower 2" and the lav 1 1/2" (all PVC). The longest trap for the shower should only be about 3 to 4 feet, so trap length should not be an issue. I mainly wanted to get confirmation...
  8. Bsperr

back to back bathroom waste piping

We're redoing our master bath, and I want to make sure my waste/vent piping plan is correct. The master bath is back to back with the guest bath. I have a tall crawl space underneath the bathrooms, so I have plenty of room to work with. I'm planning a vertical wet vent with the lav in the...
  9. Bsperr

Natural gas shutoff for built in stove

Could you just install a valve on the gas pipe as it comes up through the floor behind your stove (there should be a recess in the back of the stove for this purpose)? If clearance is an issue, you could also install a valve box behind the stove and run your pipe in the wall.
  10. Bsperr

Shallow Wall Cavity for Junction Boxes, Cut Back of Boxes or Surface Mount?

What's inside the wall that is preventing the box from sitting flush and how proud does it sit from the wall? A picture of two would be very helpful. If the box is being obstructed by something inessential, like blocking or nailers on an interior wall, I would take a spade bit and drill out...
  11. Bsperr

Do tubular PVC slip joints loosen over time?

It's been around a year since I re-plumbed the trap for our kitchen sink with tubular PVC, and I found a large puddle of water in our sink base cabinet a few days ago. When I checked the fittings that make up the trap, I was surprised to find that the connection to the sink strainer and several...
  12. Bsperr

6 AWG to 100 amp subpanel?

I might be missing something, but you should be able to find a 100A main lug only (mlo) subpanel that accepts 6 gauge wire. You might even be able to convert your current subpanel with the right size lugs. It seems like that would be easier unless you really want the convenience of a main...
  13. Bsperr

advice on wire gauge for built in oven

If you have a gas range top, I believe the NEC allows you to put it on one of your 20A small appliance branch circuits, so you shouldn't need to run a 15A circuit just for that (I guess the manufacturer's instructions could trump that though).
  14. Bsperr

Need help gas line supply calculation

I'm no expert, but the tables in the fuel gas code show the capacity of 3/8 copper for LP at 11" wc as only 188K BTU/hr at 10 feet and 129K BTU/hr at 20 feet with a pressure drop of .5" wc. An accurate pipe sizing would require more details about your piping system, but it doesn't look like...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks