Recent content by bsj8377

1. bsj8377

Need help with stubout for lavatory...can I relocate?

Come to think of it, what would be the best height for a rough stubout that might be able to accommodate both styles of vanities? Is there a specification for how long the drain has to be before the p trap starts...or can the trap be put as high as needed?
  2. bsj8377

Got it. Just installed two 45's instead of the 90, that got me where I needed to be to attach the drain. Just have to cut out part of the bottom drawer, not ideal, but I learned for next time :)
  3. bsj8377

Hmm, ok, just to clarify, I was wanting to move the whole p trap assembly up, and go straight to the wall like normal, then the drain line would drop at a 45, then level out out for about 8 inches and then dump into the vent/drain line... The pipe would NOT go UP between the p trap and...
  4. bsj8377

Hmm...that might be more work than it's worth... :) At this point I'd be ok if I could just get the tailpiece to mate up to the p-trap... I got this kit with all the pieces to hook it up, but as you can see I'm too far off...I need like a 45 between the stubout and the p-trap... Any...
  5. bsj8377

The horizontal stubout goes for about 18" to the right to the san-t drain/vent...
  6. bsj8377

I was afraid of that...the second problem is that I can't even reach the tailpiece, so I have to at the very least extend the pipe in the wall...can I use a fernco for this? Or, can I come out of the wall at a different angle toward the tailpiece? Or does it have to be a 90?
  7. bsj8377

Hello, Ok, so the stubout for my lavatory in the basement bath was set BEFORE the vanity was chosen...I know, bad move....or rather, a different vanity should have be picked. However, one of those vanities that looks like a dresser was bought and it has the second drawer cut out in the center...
  8. bsj8377

Need help with basement drain/vent question...

Thanks so much for your reply...I've spent so much time overnight trying to figure this out that I'm starting to lose my mind! Understood on the vent sizing and length restrictions, I'm well within spec there. And I too believe that the vent will do what it needs to in it's current location with...
  9. bsj8377

It's my understanding that the AAV's still require a vent to alleviate positive pressure... from what I have been told, the vent HAS to be AFTER the toilet, not behind it as mine is...if the direction of the flow was reversed and went from the toilet to the sink to the shower then to the main...
  10. bsj8377

So I've been up for hours trying to find a solution...it seems ALMOST everyone is saying the same thing...that this is an unvented toilet and it will have problems. I'm sick to my stomach right now...this is much worse than the venting problem... So from what I can tell, the sink/shower/vent...
  11. bsj8377

Ok, I actually found a couple of old pictures showing the drain lines that were put in...the first show the section with the backwater valve, the toilet flange, and at the very top you can see the stub-out for the vanity and vent... The second shows the stub-out for the vanity and...
  12. bsj8377

Thanks for your reply! An interior wall is not an option as there arent any in this open floor plan. The wall that separates the garage from the kitchen is my only option, however, there is a roof truss directly on top of that wall...so if I run the pipe inside that wall, I'll have to exit...
  13. bsj8377

Ok, so i went up in the attic to see how the vent was situated...there's a 3" vent through the roof, with a 3" to 1.5" reducer on it which goes to the kitchen sink. Now, I could definitely tie into that if I can get my 2" vent up through the wall from the basement...HOWEVER, the wall is directly...
  14. bsj8377

Yes, we just added it...the house was built in 1988 so I don't know what was code back then...I'm just trying to find the best way to get it done without having to tear out finished spaces above, but it also has to work. As for rough in, the only other thing I can see in the basement is some...
  15. bsj8377

Ok, so the kitchen window rules out the under deck venting, and it seems that AAV's are code here, but there's the possiblility of smell from them...so what about this idea: The wall that the fixtures are on (the West wall) in the basement is under the garage slab. So if I put a hole in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks