Recent content by Bschooly

1. Bschooly

Add drain for hot water heater

I've decided to raise the HWH (place on 18 in stand). Then plumb pan to indirect drain that leads to the show drain. This way there is no chance of a drain blockage causing water to back up into the pan. Although the HWH is FVIR compliant, this adds more safety combustion/fume wise. See diagram.
  2. Bschooly

Is it because the drain is not indirect? In other words, if I didn't directly connect the pan to the drain.
  3. Bschooly

I have this already. But my understanding is I need a drain for code compliance.
  4. Bschooly

Please point to the specific regulation as to why not.
  5. Bschooly

First off, I'm so sorry to hear about Terry's illness. He helped me with a prior project. Super guy and so knowledgeable about plumbing. Prayers to Terry and his family. I'm remodeling another bathroom. Plumbing wise this involves a new shower. While at it I want to plumb a drain to the...
  6. Bschooly

How would a pro plumb this Roman tub faucet?

Yep, the skirt will be constructed for removal if needed. The concrete is only a 1.5 inch in depth. About 16 inches of sand underneath so easy to remove if needed. Thanks for the comments.
  7. Bschooly

Finally the last of the plumbing is done. A little tight but turned out well. Again, thanks for everyone's help.
  8. Bschooly

Its correct. Left side ...hot to the touch. I run a recirculation pump on the hot water since my hot water heater is on the far side of the house from the kitchen.
  9. Bschooly

Here is what I've come up with. hot side PEX will come from left (cold from right). I'll solder a male PEX fitting into the valve supply ends then use a combo of PEX T's and L's to complete. This will work. Thanks everyone for your help.
  10. Bschooly

I think option 1 should be tried first. I'm hoping that the pipe can be carefully removed from the female joint of the manifold. Then cleaned out for a re-solder. There is a lot of crude to contend with for option 2 and 4 chances for something going wrong vs 2. Man, Am I paranoid?!
  11. Bschooly

Yes, The valve connectors appear to be CTS. See attached image. I actually built a template in plywood to test the placement out so I can increase the width if needed. I think the connections between the valves won't be an issue. I'm more concerned with the manifold connections to the valves and...
  12. Bschooly

Please look at the attached image. I can't decide how best to plumb the supply. See the offset? I'm thinking the stub has to come off and carefully redo the copper from the female joint. Should I do this? What alternatives do I have?
  13. Bschooly

Oh yes it is under mount or drop in. Kohler "tea for two". I'm doing under mount as I've got a shower and don't water trapped on the deck behind the curb that a drop in would have.
  14. Bschooly

Its the hot valve side. Danze roman faucet. I may have enough room to use https://www.homedepot.com/p/Apollo-1-2-in-Brass-PEX-Barb-x-3-4-in-Female-Pipe-Thread-Adapter-APXFA1234/305728961 at the bottom of each valve and immediately T off to the shower and supply. Its going to be close; maybe too...
  15. Bschooly

See attached image. I have a bath tub with roman faucet on one end and a shower on the opposing end that I need to plumb. I plan onPEXx to the shower valve, copper from it to the shower head. But given the limited room and the need for T's on the faucet end how should I plumb this? I've got to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks