Recent content by bruceha2000

1. bruceha2000

Recirc system with tankless?

The plumbers put in a Navien NR 180 (not A so there is no built in recirc option) when half my house was rebuilt last summer. The "house" is actually 2 pre civil war buildings that were joined at some point, probably prior to 1900. It takes about 1.5 minutes to get hot water to the kitchen sink...
  2. bruceha2000

Waterlogged galvanized tank, 45 PSI on the guage, no water at the drain

OK, here it is. Quite the "unique" support design, no? Yes, the big gray blob in the front right is ledge. Whoever poured the concrete floor chose a level and let 'er rip, the rocks that stick up, well they stick up. The largest part is about 3 times higher than this part. I can hear the people...
  3. bruceha2000

OKaaaayyy .... With new galvanized? I guess if I need to replace the piece with the check valve, doing the other pieces at the same time wouldn't be too much work. Unless they all decide that even PB Blaster isn't strong enough to loosen things up which would fit my general luck of late. You...
  4. bruceha2000

Looks like something I'll need to buy. All I have on the side of the tank (and it is about half way up) is a short galvanized nipple and 90 fitting that the gauge is screwed into. I assume the air volume control opens at some pressure above the tank pressure switch (50 PSI on mine)? Otherwise...
  5. bruceha2000

That will be my first guess NEXT time ;) We had the long run of "global warming" with many inches of ice followed by an inch of sleet, then many more inches of ice followed by many days of lows below 0F, highs in the teens a couple of weeks ago. We have now had the longest "January thaw" I can...
  6. bruceha2000

Temporary dishwasher install during a remodel

Or, use your two hands. Or the kids two (or more??) hands, if you have them ;) The parts houptee suggested will work. I used one of those "add a faucet" Tees to add an under sink water filter to the cold water line. The tail piece with dishwasher Tee is standard equipment and very cheap. You...
  7. bruceha2000

Back in business. As it turns out, apparently the 3/4" pipe from the tank to the drain and domestic water was frozen. That is why I couldn't close the valve to the fixtures and nothing came out of the drain. I took the valve to the fixtures out (a nice guillotine valve) and found ice above...
  8. bruceha2000

I've come to the same conclusion. Somehow the round disk sank, tipped up 90 degrees and got sucked to the exit pipe. I don't know if it would float back up given no pressure and no water or I'll have to see if I can drag it out. If that is the case, I have to remove the pipe on the pump side...
  9. bruceha2000

There is a 1/4 turn shutoff on the vertical pipe the pressure switch is mounted on and a gate valve between that and the tank. And yes, as I recall, water did come out of that since removing the switch actually removed the shutoff. I closed the gate valve on the tank side so I could put the...
  10. bruceha2000

Hi all, I awoke to no water today, not even a drip. The tank is galvanized and there is a sticker that says it has a Merrill float in it. The gauge on the side of the tank (about 2/3s up) shows 45 PSI but no water comes out even at the drain cock on the tank so I figured it was empty and the...
  11. bruceha2000

Stop me before I glue this up

Maybe a condensate pump?? It doesn't need a big drain line and can go quite a distance. I need to put one under my new furnace in a crawl space and the plumber said to run it back to the P trap he put in the main waste line for the water heater in the basement near where the main exits to the...
  12. bruceha2000

1949 American Standard wall hung sink

Thanks Sam, but no. There are no tabs on the back of the bath sink to go into the slots. I found the ones you posted when trying to figure out how the kitchen sink should be attached to the wall. They matched the spacing on the tabs cast into the top back of the kitchen sink. I had to figure...
  13. bruceha2000

Dishwasher wye on horizontal pipe OK?

Thanks Sam. Some time after I posted the question I figured out those bends were probably sched 40, not thin wall. I just happen to have a couple of 1/16ths left over from plumbing my prior house 20 years ago so I can mess about. It looks like I should be able to line things up ... just ...
  14. bruceha2000

1949 American Standard wall hung sink

That's the ticket! Now I just need to find some who has the brackets, legs and (looks like an option, but very slick) towel bars but broke their sink ;) I would imagine the rear brackets wouldn't be that hard to find or something similar to them, just 90 degree metal with slots. The "T top"...
  15. bruceha2000

Dishwasher wye on horizontal pipe OK?

OK, where does one get a 1/16 or 1/8 bend? I've seen only 90s and 45s. And no, there will be no disposal, good thing the wife doesn't want one ;)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks