Recent content by bromo999

1. B

Fix or repair fireplace damper?

My brother and I used to do fireplace repair many years ago (many many... got out in 1980). Many of the dampers used back then were cast iron and the lids are not actually attached or hinged to the damper body. The damper lid is a seperate plate and there are two cast iron "nubs" on the lid...
  2. B

Hole patching.

Someone was right in saying there are a bunch of ways to do this. I've had mixed luck trying to put screws in small chunks of wallboard, the rock crumbles and it never feels very solid, so year ago I came up with my method: On a patch that small I will square up the hole as suggested and...
  3. B

Converted Dormer into Killer Shower - Cool Idea... maybe not smart.....

The last two comments got me thinking that I probably have an issue on the right side of the shower as well. These two pictures show whats behind there. The two valves and handheld outlet are in a wall that is in the heated part of the bathroom. (The little alcove behind it has a small cabinet...
  4. B

Thanks for the responses. It kinda confirms my plan which is to get behind the wall and box-in the area around the pipes. I will then run a (I'm thinking 3 or 4"?) round duct into the box branched of the bedroom wall register. Re: valve. I just got back from Home Expo with a new Kohler...
  5. B

Hi all, Sorry for the book... but... We just completed a master bath remodel on our two story home. The bath is in the center of the second story of our home and had the middle of the three dormer windows. The space in the original bath was so chopped up, we thought it would awesome to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks