Recent content by Breakitnfixit

1. Breakitnfixit

Solar Preheated Water and Oil Fired Boiler?

I should qualify my need for 'sound advice' to mean MORE sound advice. I'm not implying that any comments so far have not been helpfuL!. Thanks.
  2. Breakitnfixit

My first thoughts on pumping condensate were its another thing to provide power for, another hole in the house, another system to fail and protecting the water from freezing at -20 degrees. Since we have a septic system I'm not sure if I should add the extra load (a few gal/day?) but maybe that...
  3. Breakitnfixit

Thanks for input, Lou I did investigate condensing boilers early on but stopped when I found out a drain was needed for the condensate. This must remain a basement installation and there is not a drain down there. I'm not keen on adding a drain and pumping out the liquid isn't appealing...
  4. Breakitnfixit

Hello, Currently have 20 yr old Trianco oil fired boiler running baseboard heat (closed loop?) and a DHW coil. Water from deep well runs 40-45 degrees year round. The south facing 1800 sqf house is well insulated and I've only got a few more drafts to track down. Aside from adding...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks