Recent content by bpap

1. bpap

Separate hot and cold water valves

Yes. And I should clarify that I found a second plumber that actually got the seat out. I bought the #6 Easy Out and told him it had been suggested as a way to get it out. I am sure he was already was aware of that method. Anyway, he used that and my socket wrench extension to make it reach and...
  2. bpap

Just a quick update and thanks to those that helped. Got the valve seat out with a #6 Easy Out as was recommended. The valve seat was about 50% corroded or broken apart. Now I need to see if I can find a replacement. The only identifying mark is on the escutcheon which indicate "Empire".
  3. bpap

Right, its possible it bottom out in the back of the valve and I did not realize it at the time, and that it was not full seated/tight in the square opening. I was turning counterclockwise. This is all good information, as so far I have only tried (and messed up) the hot water valve seat. Any...
  4. bpap

I don't know exactly how I did it, but I did. Looking back, my best guess is that I used the hex shaped side of the seat wrench instead of the square side when I first tried to remove the seat. I put a good amount of force on it when I initially tried to remove the seat. It held pretty firm at...
  5. bpap

Just getting ready to try an EZ out to remove the seat. Would it be reasonable to spray something like PB Blaster on it ahead of time in case it is corroded into place and to help loosen it up. Thanks for all the help to date.
  6. bpap

Just to be clear. When you say "you're Golden". Do you mean it in a general sense as far as safety, which is good of course? Or are you saying that with the whole house tempering valve in place I don't need to have an additional tempering valve for the specific fixture (the hot water valve at...
  7. bpap

OK, got it. Thanks for the information about the tempering valve being required for the specific fixture. In that case is it possible to simply add another tempering valve for the hot water control in the shower/bath and resolve the issue that way?
  8. bpap

Thanks for the response. I've always been a bit unclear on exactly why separate controls are not allowed. I am pretty sure I do have a mixing/tempering valve just off the boiler connected to the hot water line, and the water never gets extremely hot even when I have only hot on. I have included...
  9. bpap

OK, thanks, I think a socket wrench with extension would work. I'm not sure I would be able to grind off the end as I assume an extractor is made of some sort of hardened steel. I'm guessing some sort of special grinder would be needed? I really would like to keep what I already have in place...
  10. bpap

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a #6 Easy-out that is longer than a typical one, which I think is usually just 3 inches or so long? I suppose I can look around to see what is available. I would need one that was about 5 inches long just to reach in far enough to access the seat and have a...
  11. bpap

I have a bath/shower with separate hot and cold water valves and a third one that is a diverter to switch between the shower and the tub faucet. Recently I had a steady dripping from the faucet so I changed the stem washer. I also tried to change the valve seat, but apparently I ended up...
  12. bpap

dishwasher drain/bathroom sink

OK, thanks hj. I did mean tubing cutter. I am only using this drain because that is what came with the faucet that I ordered. If there is a drain that would perform better and would be more ideal for my situation I would be happy to get it. Would you have any specific suggestions? Is there...
  13. bpap

OK, I have this: http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/product_detail.asp?item_no=P0001S It doesn't seem like it would be possible to replace the threaded pipe in the link above with the one you are showing. The one you show doesn't have the overflow holes and more importantly it doesn't seem like the...
  14. bpap

Thanks jimbo. OK, so for a temporary solution I could just buy something like this: http://doitbest.com/Pvc+Dishwasher+Connections-Plumb+Pak+keeney+Mfg-model-440516-doitbest-sku-440516.dib and attach that to the sink drain and then the p-trap to the botton of the wye piece, right? For the long...
  15. bpap

I recently purchased a new bathroom sink with 1 1/4" pop up drain. I planned on replacing the pvc p-trap with a chrome p-trap, but have come across a problem. The dishwasher is located on the other side of the wall from the bathroom sink. The previous owner had the dishwasher drain hose...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks