Recent content by bozomedic

1. bozomedic

Bathroom sink clogged after snaking with black sludge

But of course this isn't a Linux for noobs forum now is it:D
  2. bozomedic

I tried the snake bit. Didn't seem to work. I first used a hand turned 1/4" 25 foot snake then a drill powered one(broke the hand one). Still didn't drain. Like I mentioned earlier, the more I plunged and snaked, the more black sludge came up. I didn't know if it would end? Well, I...
  3. bozomedic

Bees

This is an unusually bad season for bees. I have had many patients stung this year. Quite a few are allergic to the stings and become anaphylactic (a really bad reaction characterized by swelling, hives, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing and the like). If you are such a person you may not...
  4. bozomedic

Thank you all for your help. I think this sums up my problem and solution: 1)the sink drain was very clogged with organic waste. when I plunged the sink, it tried to bring that waste up, which it did, and looked like black gooey sand. 2) the sink drained into a pipe directly connected to...
  5. bozomedic

still snaking and still plunging.....nothing working yet.....any suggestions?
  6. bozomedic

Ok...the toilet flushes ok..just really loud for some reason....but the sink still hasnt drained..and yes, the water in the sink is black and smelly...I tried putting a wet rag over the overflow opening and plunging like crazy....nada...still not working...maybe it's my plunging technique, I...
  7. bozomedic

still plunging...no dice.....
  8. bozomedic

Actually the snake I am using is more like 15 feet long. Any more suggestions? I am a total noob to plumbing. Thanks.:confused:
  9. bozomedic

do you think I should get a larger, maybe 3/8" snake and a longer one as well? Or do you think that one is sufficient. There is a home depot down the street.
  10. bozomedic

Oh..and I did try plunging as well. I have not used any chemical cleaners. Every other fixture in the house drains fine....so far.
  11. bozomedic

Hi, Need some help quick! My bathroom sink was draining rather slowly along with a toilet that when flushed, makes a gurgling sound in the shower stall. The toilet does not overflow. (when the shower drain is closed, I do not hear the gurgle) I decided to snake out the bathroom sink. I first...
  12. bozomedic

replumbing from water meter outward

I scraped off the paint. The nipple is a yellowish color. The elbow is a grayish silver color. Is the nipple perhaps brass instead of copper? Can galvanized be connected to brass? Thanks.
  13. bozomedic

replumbing from water meter outward

Hello all. I want to replace my old galvanized pipes (circa 1950) with copper starting at the water meter. The piping appears this way: pipe through basement floor-valve-elbow-pipe(with grouding strap attached)- water meter-nut-nipple(with grouding strap attached)-elbow-pipe-valve-piping...
  14. bozomedic

basement floor drains

ok....more of a problem with the floor drain in the basement...It overflowed with what was sent down the kitchen sink (corn beef, cabbage and chili to be exact).....here is what I am thinking, since I just snaked out 100ft of my main sewer line, then the current clog is located between the...
  15. bozomedic

basement floor drains

Thanks. When I can save up $250 I will have roto-rooter come out with a camera and find the problem, if there is one.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks