Recent content by bountyhunter

1. bountyhunter

Pipe size for underground system?

Well I just finished all connections last night and fired it up. I ended up using the 1-1/4" all the way to the head and found some 1-1/4" x 3/4" 90's to go into the heads. I used 6 rotors on each zone and they all cover from head to head as they are supposed to. I am tired of gluing fittings...
  2. bountyhunter

small crack in fitting

Or buy a couple of $.75 couplings and cut it back and glue in new pieces.
  3. bountyhunter

I have been searching for pumps and about all I seem to come up with are pumps for pulling water from a pond or well for sprinklers. I assume these are not the pumps I am looking for. I will check out the Goulds Irri-Gator, thanks for that tip Bob.
  4. bountyhunter

I tested it with this flow/pressure gauge I bought from Home Depot. You are right, 9 gmp does not seem very high for 1 1/4" pipe. I plan to install one zone above ground to test the system out first to see how it will work before getting too carried away with the project. I only plan to...
  5. bountyhunter

I am in Central Kansas. Thanks.
  6. bountyhunter

The 2" coming to the property is 2" Poly, once it gets to my property, I converted it to 2" Sch. 40 pvc. Feeding all the hydrants around the house is 1-1/4" sch 40 pvc. One of these hyrdants is where I did my pressure/flow test. I have now tapped into the 1 1/4" line and have a main...
  7. bountyhunter

Enlighten me some on these booster pumps if you will. My main service line into my property is 2" poly pipe and it runs about 2000' from the meter to my house location. From there I go to 1-1/4" pvc to the house and all the hydrants around the property. I tied into the line feeding one of...
  8. bountyhunter

My static pressure is 40psi, but when I open the flow valve down to operating pressure(30-35psi) I get my flow of 9.5 gpm. I will try a few heads and see what happens. You think the 1-1/4" pvc will be good all the way to the heads then? Oh ya, my main line in is 1 1/4" as well, if that matters.
  9. bountyhunter

I am getting ready to put in an underground irrigation system myself and have a question on what size of pipe to use. I have thousands of feet of 1-1/4" pvc already, and would obviously like to make use of it. My sprinklers are Weathermatic T3 rotors. They have 3/4 female IPT connections on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks