Recent content by borninpa

1. borninpa

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

My tank broke during the install! Well, I installed 2 Cadet 3's yesterday. The first broke. I was tightening the tank to the bowl and it was not even close to touching. Probably still about .5" away from the tank. I knew that it was going to be to tight if I went much further but I kept...
  2. borninpa

overflow tube not working on my toilets?

Problem is fixed --watch out for large flappers on these gerber toilets I replace all stoppers on my three toilets. I assume the flapper were not original on my 4 yr old house (we purchased from previous owner). The flappers all had a large bulb that was inhibiting water flow from the...
  3. borninpa

valve is working now but like overflow is not Valve is working but not overflow. Everyone seems to miss the point. If you hold down your float, and watch your water rise on most toilets, the overflow will prevent the tank from overflowing. This feature is what is not working. My problem is...
  4. borninpa

I already did that float and valve works (although one one toilet the valve occasionally fails which is why I discovered that overflow valve does not work). THey are adjusted so water line is right at mark on tank. It also is correct. The problem is that if I hold float down to simulate...
  5. borninpa

only 2 of the three toilets do this Actually one toilet works. Of the other two, one has a gerber fill valve and the other a flowmaster. THe flowmaster is actually worse. The flapper seems to be working fine. But if the float or valve does not work, the tank keeps slowly filling even with...
  6. borninpa

I have a 4 yr old house with three gerber 28-790 toilets. On one of them, the fill valve keeps filling the tank intermittently even when the float raises. I assume the valve requires new washers. ANYWAY...when this happens, the tank fills until the water goes down the overflow tube, but then...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks