Recent content by Boozle

1. Boozle

Walkout Basement Insulation/vapor Barrier Question - Pic Included

So with either the fanfold xps or membrain route, I would want to remove the 6 mil poly that I currently have covering the exterior 2x4 framing, correct? Thanks for all the information!
  2. Boozle

So, a new development. Two of my walls have virtually zero space between the concrete and the interior 2x4 wall, so I can't get 1/4" fanfold behind them without bumping out the existing framing. On the other two walls that have a sufficient gap, it would be difficult to install airtight...
  3. Boozle

Thanks for the help - I'm learning a lot. I have a few new facts. My exterior walls are only 2x4, not 2x6. The exterior foam board is 1/2" and white, but doesn't really have a bead structure to it, and it appears to be foil faced. See picture. Also, the gap between the interior stud wall and...
  4. Boozle

Thanks for the response! I am actually in Denver, so zone 5 (just updated my profile). The existing "vapor barrier" isn't really sealed tight at all. There are a lot of flaps and overlaps that aren't airtight, and it is overall very loosely stapled. The exterior of the house is partially brick...
  5. Boozle

Hi all, I am remodeling my walkout basement right now. The basement was previously finished, but I tore out all the drywall to make a lot of electrical and plumbing modifications, and also to alter some of the framing. The entire basement has a concrete wall 4 feet high with a 4 foot 2x6 wall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks