Recent content by boober

1. boober

Fleck 9100 Brine drain problem

I'm having a similar issue, as the OP. I checked the injector valve and the screen, but they look fine. I cleaned them anyway, and tried to regenerate. Now, the tank under the head works, the other tank does not. The second tank keeps over filling the brine tank and water remains hard. Not...
  2. boober

Advice for pressure drop on new Fleck 5600

Near noob here, but couldn't he just crank the pressure up to 70/50? Also, would a csv help to keep the pressure constant? Follow up question... What water softener has the lowest pressure drop?
  3. boober

Wiring question for new tub

I created a couple of pics that explain the original and proposed wiring.... hiring an electrician is unnecessary. I know code for a jaccuzi hot tub is separate isolated gfci circuits for both jets and heater. I just wasn't sure about the heating pad that is going to be installed....
  4. boober

Wiring question for new tub

I'm gutting the master bath and replacing the old jet tub with heater, to a tub with a heating element/pad attached to the outside of the tub. It is only 65 watts. I'm trying to determine if i can use the circuit for other electrical components. Currently, the tub dedicated line is wired...
  5. boober

Bryant NG Gas Valve Assembly problem

I have a ~20 year old Bryant High Efficiency NG furnace. It ran fine for the first few weeks of winter, but last week it went out. I tested all the standards, but it but couldn't find anything wrong. I traced to to an ignition failure where the gas valve would click, but it had no flame and...
  6. boober

Super Bowl, who is your favorite to win? 2008

Packers played a lousy game. Their defense stepped it up at the end, but gave way too much throughout most of the game. Running attack from Grant was HORRIBLE. Bad time for the Packers to have an off game. Oh well....
  7. boober

insulate pex?

As in a pump for pressure?
  8. boober

PEX And Freezing Winter Temperatures

Are you kiddin'? I can't even count threads I've steered off course with bickering.:D I was simply "thinking outside the box" as another poster put it. Rigging something up that was on a role, that was similar to a electric blanket that could be applied and left on for a while could free a...
  9. boober

PEX And Freezing Winter Temperatures

Sorry to interrupt the feud here...:) And as evident by some of my questions in other posts, I'm no professional, but how about using something like a electric blanket to thaw PEX piping? Something rigged with a GFI that would trip if water were to leak due to the freezing (though the risk...
  10. boober

Bradford White High efficiency

Could be a standard direct vent as well. I'd like to hear more about th unit as well...
  11. boober

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

I could see offering a shorter warranty for the power vent, but not for everything else... I was hoping to install myself, which may be an issue trying to get a rheem or bradford white... I've been planning to completely re-plumb my house with pex, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'll...
  12. boober

Strange New Water Heater behavior

I just replaced the dip tube on my water heater yesterday. I was having a similar issue, and drained the tank to investigate. I saw the dip tube, and it seemed to be fine, but I replaced it any way and it took care of the issue. Unfortunately, the old tube fell into the tank when I tried to...
  13. boober

Don't count the other teams out yet. Yes, it is the Pat's to loose, but they aren't infallible... Hope the Pac wins next week- I'd love to see repeat the game from '97...:) Hope Reggie's watchin' and sending down good juju!
  14. boober

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Man, THANKS TERRY! for running this site. My near 20 year old water heater is acting up, I've replaced the dip tub, but I'm not sure if that will fix it, so I was looking at replacements since I think it's better to change it out now than later when it starts leaking. I looked at Lowes, since...
  15. boober

Ok Terry, you wanted a reason to pull for another team... so here it is. I'm suggesting the Pac. I know, I know... we knocked you out of the play offs, but hear me out. Not only are they one of the youngest teams in the league, they have been underrated all season. While they have had a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks