Recent content by bones1

1. bones1

A problem with my well just happened

Service man replaced the waterlogged tank and said all is good. Thanks valveman for the help.
  2. bones1

Checked tank under house today finally. Gauge reads 58 lbs so I opened a hose bib and let it run. The pressure never changed after about 4 min. The contacts never clicked on the pressure switch and when I pushed in the schrader valve on the tank water spray out each time I did it. I have plenty...
  3. bones1

Can excessive water use cause the footvalve at the bottom of the well to stick and /or the check valve at the tank under the house and cause the above problem. I still don't know the origin of the very loud slap/metallic clap noise under the house where the tank is. It almost sounded like a hot...
  4. bones1

Excellent information. I mentioned your valve to the well guy and another plumber a while back because I did research on it. They looked at me like I was a martian. Just old school guys I guess. I will find someone to install one after solving my present problem.
  5. bones1

Thanks Valveman. Should I wait to see if there still is a problem first or call someone to check the bladder. It was replaced with the well in 2010. Could it be we just used too much water and need the well to recharge?. Is there a way to test it at the faucet?. It's clear now with good pressure...
  6. bones1

Hello. over the weekend I had used the pressure washer quite a bit on Saturday and the wife was topping off the pool water level later the same day Saturday for about a half hour. Also about 4 washer loads were done Saturday as well. Saturday night one shower was taken. Sunday we had no water...
  7. bones1

Expansion tank location ideas

https://terrylove.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15116&d=1326427585 brass check valve ,line goes to hot 1/2 gravity return.
  8. bones1

Just one cold inlet on the bottom.Some Houses around here use a gravity hot 1/2in return plumbed in the bottom inlet, like mine.
  9. bones1

coming in the bottom and I need to run the tank out of top cold connection https://terrylove.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4632&stc=1&d=1213293476
  10. bones1

Some pictures of my heater The white GE filter on the right is the one with the built in unadvertised check valve causing the need for the expansion tank. The gauge pegged at 115 lbs on recovery.
  11. bones1

Thanks for the input. I will post a picture of my( plumbers) set up later tonight.
  12. bones1

This was a reply I got on another forum: " You can place an expansion tank anywhere between the check valve and WH". In my case the tank would not be between the check valve and heater if I used the top cold port...true, does this matter?
  13. bones1

Hi Terry, thanks for the reply. My tank is bottom fed so I will plumb the expansion tank from the top cold capped off fitting and will work fine in your opinion.
  14. bones1

So an expansion tank fed from the top cold port 'dip tube", that is now capped off , would function properly if my heater was fed from the bottom ?. I just need to know if this is a yes or no before I proceed any further. Thanks for the info.
  15. bones1

Thanks for the replies. I was not going to screw it directly on the tank but mount it on a wall about 3 ft away and above the tank. But an expansion tank fed from the top cold port 'dip tube" would function properly if my heater was fed from the bottom ?. Quote "If your cold water feed line...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks