Recent content by bobcatm

1. bobcatm

Proper install of power lead cable for suntouch mat

What is the proper way to install the 120V "power lead" to suntouch underfloor radiant heating mats. The lead is 3 wires smaller that 14 awg with a woven metal jacket. The install instructions say use conduit "if required".I can't figure out from the code if conduit is needed or not - if I...
  2. bobcatm

Cast Iron Torque Set Closet Flange Install

Thanks for the reply... cutting the flush/tank elbow would work if the problem was that the bowl was too close to the wall --- my problem is (was - I just got a 14" rough in old bowl that matches the rest of the house for $50) that the bowl was too far for the 6" arm of the standard 6x8...
  3. bobcatm

How do you deterime the rough-in of the toilet bowl itself How do you measure the rough in dimension of an old toilet bowl itself? I'm installing a two-piece (wall mounted tank) toilet in my 1895 home. A few years back I got a toilet from a neighbor that appeared to exactly match one of my...
  4. bobcatm

Thanks for confirming installing the flange on top of the tile..finishing the tile grouting today. Will then screw top flange into subfloor with 2" #12 stainless screws - then tighten down the 3 bolts that compress the rubber on the lower flange to seal around the CI closet bend. Also just...
  5. bobcatm

I'm installing a Jones Stephens torque set cast iron closet flange and have a few questions. (See attached picture) The floor is a 3/4" plywood subfloor with 1/4" CBU, suntouch mat, approx 1/4" of mud/thinset over the mat, nobleseal TS then tile thinset on the nobleseal. I've installed the...
  6. bobcatm

Shower Drain - Offset P-Trap

The problem is that the new drain location is close to being directly over a joist. Moving it 2" or so to get away from the joist throws off the whole layout of the bath (e.g 48" for the vanity would be 46" nonstandard) etc. Does anyone know if the "tub shoe" arrangement is "code" for a shower...
  7. bobcatm

The drain was installed in 1969. I'm guessing the 1 1/2" for a shower was OK back then. Thanks Bob M
  8. bobcatm

I'm redoing my shower and the drain will likely be directly above a joist or just on the other side of the joist from the stack/vent connection. The existing shower uses what appears to be something like a tub drain shoe (I can't actually see it) which then extends approx 1' across the top of...
  9. bobcatm

Thermostatic Valve Piping Size

I’m remodeling my bathroom including an entire shower rebuild so all the plumbing in the bath will be redone as the existing piping is old corroded galvanized. I have a question related to the shower thermostatic valve. The valve is a Porcher RP540 (I’m guessing it is identical to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks