Recent content by Bob Turner

1. Bob Turner

Kenmore 350 water softener leaking at O-ring

The problem was eliminated by replacing the bypass (thanks, Skip) by fabricating one with CPVC piping, valves, etc. and running directly into the main valve. No leaks, much better connection. Thanks again. Nice to have soft water again!
  2. Bob Turner

At the present time the problem looks like finding an O-ring that is the proper dimension (thickness) to match the original as supplied with the unit. About a year ago I ordered several and they look to be a bit thinner than the non-leaking side. The leak is small but over time can be...
  3. Bob Turner

Toto Drake leaking tank

I filled the tank on the workbench and found droplets forming along a line near the supply inlet. Takes about a minute to see sizable drips. There is no evidence of a crack on either the inside or outside. Has to be a problem in the china casting. Great tips for install but this problem...
  4. Bob Turner

The leak is at the treated side of the bypass where it inserts into the softener. It's only a dripping leak but it will collect at the top of the unit and eventually find its way into the brine tank. The problem is usually allignment but the O-ring should account for a bit of mis-allignment...
  5. Bob Turner

I have a Kenmore Model 350 water softener with a persistent leak at the discharge-side O-ring on the diverter valve. I have changed the O-ring and applied silicone grease but the connection continues to drip. Any suggestions?
  6. Bob Turner

Toto Drake leaking tank

Has anyone ever experienced a Toto (or other brand) with a tank leaking through the base of the tank material (not through the hold-downs or main seal?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks