Recent content by Bob Hope

1. Bob Hope

2nd Story Bathroom Venting

Put the kids in again last night, no leaks... What is going on here? I don't want to seal everything back up only to have a leak again. I'm thinking since the new plumbing access is above the basement stairs i'll just put a panel in rather than repair the drywall.
  2. Bob Hope

I'll throw them back in there tonight and see if they can replicate the problem. Thanks for the help so far.
  3. Bob Hope

We did not fill the tub to the overflow, it's a 72" x 36" x 22" deep and takes the whole volume of the water heater. I don't have a diverter installed yet, but I let the kids take a bath. During the draining process it started raining from the doorway. This door isn't directly below the tub...
  4. Bob Hope

So we filled the tub for the first time this weekend, and upon draining it, water started dripping in a door frame on the 1st floor. Looked like we got maybe 2-3 cups of water from draining 30 gallons out of the tub. I opened up the ceiling in the basement stairway to find the leak, but it...
  5. Bob Hope

So can i add a local vent under the lav and be ok then? I know it's not ideal, i just want the plumbing to function correctly
  6. Bob Hope

Can i make it right? All the plumbing is in the floor of the 2nd story and the walls were drywalled when i took over. I'd rather not rip into those. Should i look into adding air pullers at the lav and bath then leaving the roof vent for the toilet? Would that be better?
  7. Bob Hope

Hi all, I'm finishing a bathroom on the 2nd floor of my 1915 home. The previous owner added the rough-in plumbing and I was wondering if the vent will work properly. I think I was mostly worried about the toilet pulling the p-traps but now i'm wondering how well the tub and sink will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks